Starlet SR a twenty year daily

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, Pikey009 said:

Looking good mate, some spacers would bring the wheels out nicely too (not stanced). Try looking for a 98 glanza breaking and get the wheel off that, that’s what I put in my old one 

Possibly may look into the spacers has anyone fitted them on a Sr? Rang loads up no one ever gets back mate 

Body panel collection coming along nicely almost complete now new outer sills arrived and I can confirm they are the same as oem read many posts saying you need fiesta ones etc had me a little worried but they are available in Eastern European countries these came from Estonia but at least we know they are available rather than trying to make other parts fit

DSC_0169.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

6 hours ago, glanzadude said:

Are they genuine Toyota sills? Nice find tho, you going to fit them yourself are a bodyshop? I say I have to do my Gt sills soon to

No they arnt genuine but they are nice and robust I'm going nowhere near the bodywork the restoration place taking full care of it they did some gt rear arches aswell il post a link up mate the postage wasn't cheap about 80 quid 

https://alvadi.ee/en/spare-parts/toyota/starlet-p9-1996/

Edited by burty

Not sure if anyone are you are aware about toyotas high mile club if any of your toyotas exceed 150,000 miles they send you a bronze window decal silver for 200,000 and gold for 300,000 recieved mine today nice touch from toyota GB I thought 

DSC_0170.JPG

Edited by burty

did some tinkering today fitted a mushroom filter just for some noise its not a massive roar about the same level as the tte back box neither is louder than the other so im happy 

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 15.52.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 15.53.28.jpeg

On 8/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, burty said:

Not sure if anyone are you are aware about toyotas high mile club if any of your toyotas exceed 150,000 miles they send you a bronze window decal silver for 200,000 and gold for 300,000 recieved mine today nice touch from toyota GB I thought 

DSC_0170.JPG

That is awesome 

11 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Filter looks great. 

Abit of colour in the bay as well.

Cheers mate gonna start cleaning it up now and refurbing brackets etc over winter months before big respray and underseal on, 4th January 👍 

On 8/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, burty said:

DSC_0170.JPG

Glad you got your award! I've applied for mine for my black SR should be here soon! 

4 hours ago, Dale SR said:

Glad you got your award! I've applied for mine for my black SR should be here soon! 

Theres a few of us SR owners with them now! seen to of hit a wall with mine i cant find a passenger door anywhere been messed about with the silver one seller wont return my calls  went to look at a white one that turned out to be bent waiting on a few replies on ebay i genuinely thought that would be the easiest part to get but its become a nightmare il prob put a wanted add up on here and on FB

40 minutes ago, burty said:

Theres a few of us SR owners with them now! seen to of hit a wall with mine i cant find a passenger door anywhere been messed about with the silver one seller wont return my calls  went to look at a white one that turned out to be bent waiting on a few replies on ebay i genuinely thought that would be the easiest part to get but its become a nightmare il prob put a wanted add up on here and on FB

It's a good thing for toyota to do! A door will come up soon, its always the same when you are looking for specific things but you will get one somewhere.  

16 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

It's a good thing for toyota to do! A door will come up soon, its always the same when you are looking for specific things but you will get one somewhere.  

absolutely great gesture ........................just wish they still manufactured panels 

Well today I went to look at 'another' rust free door but this time it actually was its a glanza one bigger bonus its silver, couple of dints one pretty deep but really doesn't matter  as you know getting full respray  had some cupholders so snapped em up amongst other parts really nice bloke was breaking 3 GT turbos aswell right treasure trove

DSC_0183.JPG

DSC_0182.JPG

Edited by burty
22 minutes ago, JamesG said:

Nice thread burty, good work. Is that the breakers in bradford? seems like a decent chap, got all sorts of parts spare.

Thanks! Yeah he's near pudsey on outskirts fair prices also said he doesn't mind people taking grinder to shells / rear quarters sills etc for the sections they need can't be fairer  than that engines you name it glass, lights was well impressed 

2 minutes ago, RoyalDutchie said:

Nice finds, looking forward to the progress you wil be making. My passenger side door is also rusting, nearly starts looking like a common point. 

Mine is beyond repair mate maybe a good time to snap one up, fuel tanks seem to be the same