Starlet SR a twenty year daily

2 hours ago, burty said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to remove a genuine one if it was bonded imagine if it was to break how gutting would that be I only know of 2 in existence, how's the GT coming along? 

Lol ohh no I won't touch the genuine one for that very reason. If it was already off then it would be perfect to make a mould from obviously, but I'll make a mould from the replica one

Edited by Trevstar
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/2/2020 at 5:43 PM, burty said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to remove a genuine one if it was bonded imagine if it was to break how gutting would that be I only know of 2 in existence, how's the GT coming along? 

I know of 3 but that’s it. I ordered some bits and bobs but just need to find the time to fit them. Got hold of a rocker so that’ll be getting sent off to dean soon and I’m going to start working on the brakes so that I can get the car driving around 

18 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

I know of 3 but that’s it. I ordered some bits and bobs but just need to find the time to fit them. Got hold of a rocker so that’ll be getting sent off to dean soon and I’m going to start working on the brakes so that I can get the car driving around 

coming together nicely then mate 

Steadily getting through jobs relocation of fuel filter and strut brace fitted had to move some wiring aswell getting ever closer to strip down underseal welding and respray few more suspension refresh bits to be completed yet 

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

Just noticed that the top mounts are mounted to the strut towers 180 degrees out.

The screw with the arrow should be in the rear tower hole. This pushes the "hump" part of the mount to the back of the tower opening to have the correct caster geometry.

DSC_0208.JPG.5d0f9a701a4c2a90b1e88f4ee0da9687.jpg

"hump" at back of tower opening.

20200630_095634.jpg

Edited by Claymore
1 hour ago, Claymore said:

Thanks never even noticed il get this sorted this morning  it was a long day I've not driven it yet and won't get to as I'm so busy at the minute I've been getting help with the starlet on the mechanical side of things aswell looks like both party's missed it so good shout

Edited by burty
21 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

Looking really good/tidy.

I need to get mine fitted now. 

Such a great set of lads on here. 

Thanks spare room is full of new body parts for its rebuild now, agree Sam so many decent lads on here have pm'd me with offers advice etc great little community 

8 hours ago, burty said:

Thanks never even noticed il get this sorted this morning  it was a long day I've not driven it yet and won't get to as I'm so busy at the minute I've been getting help with the starlet on the mechanical side of things aswell looks like both party's missed it so good shout

Welcome mate :friends:

Not a lots happened with the SR last couple of weeks been tight with time few parts to fit  / respray when I get a few hours, did manage to take one of the other cars out though for an hour selling this one in the new year once the SR is finished, its immaculate only 63k shame to see it go not had a single issue with it toyota really made fun cars in the 90s early 2000s 

Edited by burty
11 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Yeah they are nice but always packed the punch for me. My dad had the 190 but the car just seemed really heavy. He then had the corolla compressor after that 

I always felt that mate with the 2zz well suited in the lotus but the celicas and corollas made it hard work cracking sound though 

I’d love to drop one in an SR, if I’d kept my old one then that’s what I’d be doing I think, nice reliable NA power. I’d also like to Whack a rotrex kit on a corolla compressor but I’ve only got the money for one project at a time.

Right so I've had an annoying clunk on the suspension and it is indeed the kyb topmounts first off as Claymore said in a earlier post they are slack and secondly the 4th nut fouls the upper spring cup and you can clearly see where its been damaged fortunately I saved the old ones as Claymore gave me the heads up I'm posting this to save people the hassle maybe we got a duff batch who knows 

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

received_429750697996263.jpeg