• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dale SR said:

Very exiting times Burty, Will be good if the body shop sends you pictures of the progress for us all to see.

They are sending pics I've asked them to as I want a folder of the resto from last June, they did the underside of my other car and sent progress all the way through

• 2 weeks later...

Been over to the body shop today to drop some parts off to make the inner right quarter, not much to report really he's almost ready to get stuck into mine was working in a nice evo I'm in no massive rush so I've no issues with waiting as I want it to be perfect I've had a few people ask via pm where I'm at with it

• 1 month later...

Well slow progress at the moment no pics as yet there coming I promise but I have picked up some more parts oem mudflaps 

And a rare bootliner thanks to trevstar on here if you haven't already check out his build thread 

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Honestly don't know mate it I can't see a part number printed but it has a date of manufacture sticker on it saying 1997 and its decent quality one things for sure it's rare and il probably never see another 

Great new parts there burty nice to have optional extras you have a few now.

The boot mat is a genuine toyota optional extra they made them for the Glanza but also made them for UK starlets and those ones are super rare its mostly the Glanza ones that come up, I've got a UK one and a Glanza one so I'll double check the difference and let you know. I'm sure its where the starlet is printed thats the difference in the two. 

Cant wait to see her out the bodyshop! 

10 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

Great new parts there burty nice to have optional extras you have a few now.

The boot mat is a genuine toyota optional extra they made them for the Glanza but also made them for UK starlets and those ones are super rare its mostly the Glanza ones that come up, I've got a UK one and a Glanza one so I'll double check the difference and let you know. I'm sure its where the starlet is printed thats the difference in the two. 

Cant wait to see her out the bodyshop! 

Thanks that would be great il need to pack around the speedline alloy to level it off , like I said it's trav that sorted this out so he deserves the credit for finding it, should have some photos pretty soon but the easter deadline is long gone now 

13 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Looks great either way. Nice addition. Loving the interior work going on at the min. I can't wait to get back on my little starlet.  

Thanks mate I love it, hopefully in the near future wel get a starlet meet sorted 

22 hours ago, Dale SR said:

The boot mat is a genuine toyota optional extra they made them for the Glanza but also made them for UK starlets and those ones are super rare its mostly the Glanza ones that come up, I've got a UK one and a Glanza one so I'll double check the difference and let you know.

That's good to know! I wasn't sure if it were a genuine Toyota item or an aftermarket item. I personally like the look of this one I sold to burty but the rubber one was more suitable for my setup, I'm guessing the rubber one is the Jap version? 

I'm looking forward to the day we can all have a proper meet! 

On 3/24/2021 at 4:47 PM, Trevstar said:

I'm looking forward to the day we can all have a proper meet! 

im sure theres one near silverstone (pretty central) in september 

21 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Just had a read threw the build, there are some great builds happening. 

there really is at the moment all taking different approaches aswell making things really intresting 

• 1 month later...

Update ...work on the SR was put back a little as the bodyshop decided they didn't want to be doing bits then leaving it  a while so instead they are doing everything in one hit pics will be coming very very shortly can't wait to have it back so in mean time I've bought an old OEM head unit in mint condition with cassette player reason behind this is so I can listen to music on my phone  via a cassette aux cable with a 3.5mm jack older members will remember them well plan is to remove the din blanking plate and mount it below the Toyota  cd player and somehow wire them together via a double loom 

received_521216785584863.jpeg

• 1 month later...

small update 

trav has sorted me out with some decals for the bootlid they are exceptional quality and cant thank him enough

Body shop have made/ shaped new the rear arches  out of the front wings ready to be fitted also they found some more rust around the rear slam panel so its getting cut out rather than rustproofing i do have pics but il post them up once the repair work is complete 

• 1 month later...

It been a while so went over to see the car and talk to Joe the owner at Jr it's been a rollercoaster year for him with covid taking out staff members etc but I'm willing to wait longer as I want him personally to do mine the panels bumpers etc have all been removed to see what we are really looking at and I'm pleased to report the front end from the rear arches forward is very clean indeed remarkable really and not a single bolt snapped 

IMG_20210823_161518_684.jpg

Edited by burty