Starlet SR a twenty year daily

Also the aircon wouldn't hold the gas culprit easily found absolutely shot to bits fortunately @Tombrooker97 offered a replacement on here for a very reasonable price as the part number is the same as a glanza condenser so thats on its way to me

IMG-20210823-WA0006.jpeg

Edited by burty
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next up he's starting to make up the drivers side arch we are using a rust free passenger side wing and adapting it to match as its 70% correct but will still need some fabrication to get perfect but its a good base to start from Joe wants to use as much metal as possible from Toyota stuff and I agree with him although the inner arches will just be fabricated out of what's available with extensive rust proofing 

IMG_20210823_161457_723.jpg

I also got this decal made up for the finishing touch pentagon Toyota doesn't exist anymore so had viest replicate a dealer sticker his works that good I'm having the tte gel badges replicated aswell 

IMG_20210827_195718_010.jpg

I came home with something though after talking for over 4 hours  grabbing some dinner and exchanging items I came home with this dales a great guy honest and genuine credit to this forum 

IMG-20210821-WA0002.jpeg

IMG_20210822_124449_004.jpg

I dropped it off at the garage for a quick mock up and I love it 

Overall its been a good few months shame the car wasn't ready for the summer but its been a blessing in disguise as I'd given up any hope of finding a lip 

Polish_20210827_200913152.jpg

29 minutes ago, burty said:

I also got this decal made up for the finishing touch pentagon Toyota doesn't exist anymore so had viest replicate a dealer sticker his works that good I'm having the tte gel badges replicated aswell 

IMG_20210827_195718_010.jpg

Great attention to detail mate, she'll be amazing when it's finished. A true step back in time for you and the SR.

11 minutes ago, burty said:

I dropped it off at the garage for a quick mock up and I love it 

Overall its been a good few months shame the car wasn't ready for the summer but its been a blessing in disguise as I'd given up any hope of finding a lip 

Polish_20210827_200913152.jpg

Approved :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Great attention to detail mate, she'll be amazing when it's finished. A true step back in time for you and the SR.

Approved :thumbsup:

It really will mate the help off here has been amazing whether it be advice or the parts I've been offered 

43 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

Once this SR is completed I will definitely make a journey to see it,  The work going into this is unreal 👏 

Thankyou mate and for letting me take that lip so grateful 😊

48 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

It was a great day,  allbeit it was just with my starlets but I think I've enough for a ittle show 🤣

Yeah I'm sure trav got some with the canvas top in 

1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

Waw looks fantastic. I can't wait to see that lip I've got at my parents in Fleetwood for the starbo. 

Me either Sam sure your lip will look great a very rare item indeed 

2 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Im really looking forward to seeing the finished item here. You are defo going in the right direction. 

Thanks Sam and thanks for the great advice 😁

This week the bodyshop managed to split the lip from the bumper there was absolutely no way I was doing this for fear of snapping it 

Now it can go on my own silver bumper 

IMG-20210828-WA0006.jpg

The second hand ac condenser arrived yesterday other than slight oxidation and spiders webs it's in great condition and at less than the 3rd of the price of a new one I'm really happy sometimes common sense takes priority and at 300 plus vat for a new one was a no brainer 

Another part ticked off the ever growing list 

IMG_20210904_101001_986.jpg

2 hours ago, stevie82 said:

A uk model with air con nice 😎. I bet u can’t wait to get it back now. Only just seen the updates or I’d have sent u condenser foc mate let me know if u need anything else happy to help 👍

Yeah I got really lucky with the AC was the first SR looked at,

at first I just assumed they all had ac after a few months I realised they didn't thank you regarding  the offer of any other bits that's very kind 

Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting it back shame it will be over winter 

How's yours been running since its  map

Edited by burty
  • 3 weeks later...

Also some nice darker plastics very hard to get a full set inc the rear, boot compartment door sills glovebox basically a full set the parts he has up for sale arnt your usual rubbish and well cared for items 

IMG_20210914_201905_143.jpg

IMG_20210914_202526_867.jpg

IMG_20210914_201655_580.jpg

IMG_20210914_201712_690.jpg