Starlet SR a twenty year daily

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks lads the amount of driving up and down the country I've done is frightening 

Also got myself this fuel tank I can't express how immaculate it is its dust on the tank in the pictures unsure wether to fit it while the cars being done underneath or wait till the current one gives up the ghost 

Also the  tte lip is back from being repaired at the fibre glass place and has been reinforced on the corners to aid fitting and add strength 

IMG_20210914_202209_971.jpg

Edited by burty

The journey around the country continues picked up a set of replacement glass as one of mine is badly scratched and since the glass is coming out for the respray may aswell replace them with a full set as they have age related marks on them also picked up a optional extra that compliments the oem head unit

Passenger window is slow so also picked up a great  condition replacement 

IMG_20210925_094310_824.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Body work update

The SR is finally making progress the outer  arches arnt bad at all its the inners that needed work and the sill ends so joe cut out the outers to expose the inners no suprise there is a decent amount of rust out came the grinder and started to patch it starting at the lower points near the sills after going at it with a screw driver it fell away... Fortunately the sills are in decent condition but they are coming off to protect the inners and do the appropriate repairs it's a big project and is gonna take some time  if anyone knows of some solid inners let me know if not Joe's gonna fabricate some new ones 

IMG-20211105-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20211105-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20211105-WA0000.jpg

Edited by burty
4 hours ago, burty said:

Body work update

The SR is finally making progress the outer  arches arnt bad at all its the inners that needed work and the sill ends so joe cut out the outers to expose the inners no suprise there is a decent amount of rust out came the grinder and started to patch it starting at the lower points near the sills after going at it with a screw driver it fell away... Fortunately the sills are in decent condition but they are coming off to protect the inners and do the appropriate repairs it's a big project and is gonna take some time  if anyone knows of some solid inners let me know if not Joe's gonna fabricate some new ones 

IMG-20211105-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20211105-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20211105-WA0000.jpg

Great to see the progress mate. Hopefully ready for the summer 🤞

• 3 months later...

So it's been I while since I updated this few bits worth a mention is I've managed to source some inner arches that are solid from a good friend on here this will save so much time rather than fabricating some the donor  car clearly had been garaged most of its life  one of the cleanest shells I've ever seen it was great fun cutting them out seeing how thin they are was an eye opener though  

Also bought some parts I absolutely do not need but couldn't say no to some mint OEM wind deflectors with clips and not at over inflated prices 

Thanks to both of you for helping out 

IMG-20220212-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20220212-WA0021.jpeg

IMG-20220105-WA0024.jpeg

IMG-20220105-WA0021.jpeg

2 hours ago, burty said:

So it's been I while since I updated this few bits worth a mention is I've managed to source some inner arches that are solid from a good friend on here this will save so much time rather than fabricating some the donor  car clearly had been garaged most of its life  one of the cleanest shells I've ever seen it was great fun cutting them out seeing how thin they are was an eye opener though  

Also bought some parts I absolutely do not need but couldn't say no to some mint OEM wind deflectors with clips and not at over inflated prices 

Thanks to both of you for helping out 

Great to see progress :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

Also unfortunately the tte lip badge was not savagble being removed for the respray I'm absolutely gutted about this so I had some decent replacements made up from a company in Ireland

received_343678944306403.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Few updates to speak of  still moving on just slowly

Firstly i wanted to inspect the inner sills so off came the outers im replacing these anyway even though they look perfect from the outside .....................

just goes to show things are not always what they seem can imagine theres a lot more like this without even knowing 

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 3.15.42 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 3.16.34 PM.jpeg

Edited by burty

This exposed the inners that showed mainly surface rust and small area  needing some TLC near the rear arch where it meets the sill thankfully overall they are in decent condition so was repaired welded and treated ready to be rust proofed

Edited by burty