• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Starletson said:

Seems like you have an awsome selection of places for starlet spare near you. I cant find nothing near me 😐 

Belive me I've drove around country for parts 😂 il pm you the the place

On 8/31/2020 at 4:20 PM, Sleeper666 said:

You looking to sell any of your speedlines mate? As I have a set of but one is damaged beyond repair and I'd really love to keep them on my car.

Alrite mate, im not sure what I have planned at the moment with the alloys. I have 2 spare but one has some damage. Ive not had them looked at so not sure if there any good.

23 hours ago, Starletson said:

Alrite mate, im not sure what I have planned at the moment with the alloys. I have 2 spare but one has some damage. Ive not had them looked at so not sure if there any good.

Okay thanks for the reply mate, If you decided your willing to part with either or both of the ones you have as spare please get in touch as I really love the wheels and dont want to have to run mismatch wheels. 

• 1 month later...

Not much has happened as my Dad passed away. Slowly getting back on track.

Few bits and bobs sorted. Door handles are a pita, the window runner can do one! Sub working, earth issue. Heko deflectors and wheels off for referb.

20201024_154643.jpg

20201024_154605.jpg

20201024_154520.jpg

20201025_170814.jpg

20201025_172442.jpg

Edited by Starletson

Glad your keeping the speedlines, it's what makes the SR I've had both handles replaced seems pretty common, the breaker door I have had a handle you could of had for free keep up the good work 

The chances are there a bit corroded on the inside of the alloys with the age of the wheels now I had this issue with a set of mine I had them powder coated which solved the problem,  when there painted the chances are its just the faces that have been done, you may need to give the inside where the tyre seals the alloy a bit of a rub down and some tyre seal when fitting.

This was the reason i had the referb in the first place. I was going to have them powder coated but the bloke said paint would look better. Rang him today and he said that they would probably still go flat, didnt i tell you this? I said no, as i wouldn't have bothered paying 300 to have the same problem. There going to seal them tomorrow hopefully but im fuming. Thinking of asking for my money back but they will probably say no

22 minutes ago, Starletson said:

This was the reason i had the referb in the first place. I was going to have them powder coated but the bloke said paint would look better. Rang him today and he said that they would probably still go flat, didnt i tell you this? I said no, as i wouldn't have bothered paying 300 to have the same problem. There going to seal them tomorrow hopefully but im fuming. Thinking of asking for my money back but they will probably say no

I wouldn't be very happy with them advising that painting would be better after you told them about them loosing air,  I worked as a alloy wheel technician for some years and that advice he gave is just not acceptable, He would probably of advised painting as he would of made more money from it rather than taking them else where for powder coating. I would not accept paying what you did for the wheels while there loosing Air after you told him about the issue, I would keep at them untill they manage to seal the alloys or get them properly rubbed back on the inside and painted or powder coated. My advice for anyone who has old wheels with any corrosion would be to get them powder coated as painting wheels is really just a quick fix and only really appropriate if its a new wheel with small curbing. Unless your acid dipping and shot blasting the wheel before its painted.

Edited by Dale SR
edit