5EFHE, should seller be sectioned?

I've been looking for a 5EFHE lately and I have been searching and searching. Then I came across this complete 5efhe and auto box:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202998728717

I know these are rare as fuck now but really? So unless this is an ultra rare 500hp engine that he has forgot to mention, I think I will give it a pass... 

Screenshot_20200806-133109.thumb.png.f3c023c67998b2341ce578616400e619.png

Seller is also selling 3 5efhe rods and pistons for £45 EACH! Didn't realise there was a 3 cylinder version 5e 🤔

Or am I missing something? 

Edited by Trevstar

That's the stuff I Pm'd you about, the 3 piston guy is also selling a block and no crank. Wonder what happened to that engine.

All seem pretty pricey but rarity means people take the piss with prices. 

Might be worth searching for "Sera / Paseo breaking". Engines probably gone already though.

It seems that as times are getting harder more people are selling up their hoarded goodies they're not using.

So you never know what might turn up in the future.

Yeah I realised once I saw them, I wonder too, chances are that the block was previously boosted and bent one of the rods. Only reason I can think of why there's only 3 pistons & rods and a block 🤷🏼‍♂️

I get how rare they are but I just do not get why some people then feel that gives them the right to add 275-500% of 'JDM rarity tax' on top of its actual worth. There's taking the piss and then there's that. 

I will keep looking though as I'm determined to see this build/project through, one will turn up for a reasonable price at eventually at some point! 😁

Edited by Trevstar
2 hours ago, Gainzy said:

Bought stuff off this guy before he is all for himself wasn't happy with what I got.

I'm not surprised! I honestly thought about messaging saying 'lol good luck with that', everything he's selling is just mental,

All I need is the FHE rods, and a 5E block and crank, someone somewhere must just have them laying around and forgotten about

Edited by Trevstar
4 hours ago, Bean said:

not worth half what hes after for it.

The guy says he's sold bare engines for £650, well I bought one back in 2016 for £250 (that I regrettably sold the bottom end) but I seriously doubt prices have crept up that high since then. 

Maybe someone desperate with more money than sense would buy it, but I'm not that guy and hopefully no one else from this forum is either

I have seen this happen with other sellers wanting very high prices. 

I saw a item i wanted but it was double the price i would expect, so i offered reasonable offer which was a little above what they sell for, explaining other similar items. He was like no way, im not going below £xxx. I was thinking fine if you can sell for more then go for it.

then two weeks later he is reduces it for EXACTLY what i offered. Im not buying it out of principal now. 😂

3 hours ago, 5T4R7ET N/A said:

I have seen this happen with other sellers wanting very high prices. 

I saw a item i wanted but it was double the price i would expect, so i offered reasonable offer which was a little above what they sell for, explaining other similar items. He was like no way, im not going below £xxx. I was thinking fine if you can sell for more then go for it.

then two weeks later he is reduces it for EXACTLY what i offered. Im not buying it out of principal now. 😂

Haha wooow, honestly, what is with people!?

When it comes to this community, projects and selling stuff on, of course we all want to make a little money back and that's fine, but for me I do what I do for the love of it, not so much profit. If I have something I'd sell it for a reasonable price, and usually it doesn't go for the asking price but that's okay because I see it as I'm helping out the starlet community. 

Just wish people were the same way, but maybe I'm living in a fantasy world

Edited by Trevstar
1 hour ago, Trevstar said:

Haha wooow, honestly, what is with people!?

When it comes to this community, projects and selling stuff on, of course we all want to make a little money back and that's fine, but for me I do what I do for the love of it, not so much profit. If I have something I'd sell it for a reasonable price, and usually it doesn't go for the asking price but that's okay because I see it as I'm helping out the starlet community. 

Just wish people were the same way, but maybe I'm living in a fantasy world

Totally agree I've had people sell me things for less for what they actually wanted because they can see what I'm trying to achieve on my build thread I've also offered my old interior for free as it's just taking up space 

22 hours ago, Trevstar said:

The guy says he's sold bare engines for £650, well I bought one back in 2016 for £250 (that I regrettably sold the bottom end) but I seriously doubt prices have crept up that high since then. 

Maybe someone desperate with more money than sense would buy it, but I'm not that guy and hopefully no one else from this forum is either

Its not a 5efhe but ive a complete 5e never messed with i would happily sell for £650 lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...