the starlet brake conpensater valve is located on the front bulk head, and is pressure related. So yeh the rear brakes see very little effort most of the time, leading to rear brake calipers seizing up and drake discs corroding. 

I'm running a 2x bias valve setup which keep the safty feature of the standard 1x master cylinder cross linked Toyota brake setup, and allow me to adjust front to rear bias. 

Once you get used to the setup the benefits are to be found everywhere. Mainly from what I read on these a little thing called lift off oversteer, and fast corner braking allowing the rear brakes better control. This is happening because of the fact the rear brakes are seeing near no braking effort out of factory.

Edited by Sam44
  • 4 months later...
On 8/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, Sam44 said:

the starlet brake conpensater valve is located on the front bulk head, and is pressure related. So yeh the rear brakes see very little effort most of the time, leading to rear brake calipers seizing up and drake discs corroding. 

I'm running a 2x bias valve setup which keep the safty feature of the standard 1x master cylinder cross linked Toyota brake setup, and allow me to adjust front to rear bias. 

Once you get used to the setup the benefits are to be found everywhere. Mainly from what I read on these a little thing called lift off oversteer, and fast corner braking allowing the rear brakes better control. This is happening because of the fact the rear brakes are seeing near no braking effort out of factory.

Got any pics of ya set up dude 

i have but there on my tablet in the uk at present. im not with it i basically placed 2x level type staged bias vales in the 2 brake lines that the starlet has. 1 lines does left front and rear right the other operates right front rear left. ive removed the factory pressure referance valve and routed it threw 2x bias valves that ive joined together so it becomes 1 lever in affect. the lever type valves are designed to be bolted together ive just joined the handles as well by drilling and bolting them together. 

im hoping to get back at the end of the month. ill get you some pics then. 

once you introduce trail braking on these it becomes a game changer. becarfull if your using brum bakes like me they overheat fast. Painted drums will set on 🔥.

IMG_20200606_191437.jpg

Edited by Sam44
10 hours ago, jellybaby said:

I have glanza with discs so shouldn’t overheat but nice concept ya doing 

Thanks I'm just fine tunning things at present to a comfortable everyday driveable state. 

You will get a feel for the settings of the brake bias valve mainly in stop and start traffic to much rear causes the car to stop dead on light braking. The brake peddle on these is also adjustable to remove the dead zone. Becarful here adjust this 15deg at a time. To much will bring the brakes on. You will need a little dead zone to allow for heat expantion. Using top grade brake fluid helps again. 

Great shop. I've been buying off them along time. 

https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/adjustable-brake-proportion-valve-lever-type-c-70-p-361

Edited by Sam44
11 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Thanks I'm just fine tunning things at present to a comfortable everyday driveable state. 

You will get a feel for the settings of the brake bias valve mainly in stop and start traffic to much rear causes the car to stop dead on light braking. The brake peddle on these is also adjustable to remove the dead zone. Becarful here adjust this 15deg at a time. To much will bring the brakes on. You will need a little dead zone to allow for heat expantion. Using top grade brake fluid helps again. 

Great shop. I've been buying off them along time. 

https://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/adjustable-brake-proportion-valve-lever-type-c-70-p-361

Unfortunately no chance of me road testing mine atm it got iy

throat cut and waiting on turbo kit 

7 hours ago, Sam44 said:

I'm looking forward to see progress on your build. Take your time, it will soon be 2022. I really enjoy yours and other work on these. 

Cheers feller I know a lot about these cars but kinder keep it to my self and just help people that I respect and that’s turned in to 6 I look after now 

Yeh I'm starting to understand forum's now (I was warned). I've been doing this along time but my first go on these little machines after 1 beat us at brands hatch. 

This is my first turboed n/a. 

Message me the others you work on I'd like to check them out. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 1 year later...
On 8/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, Dave D Glanza V said:

Anyone ever fitted a brake bias valve? I've got ksport 6 pots up front, rear brakes seem to do next to nothing wonderd if it was worth looking into

I did it. I am using AT210 2pod caliper on front. Rear is EP82 turbo genuine caliper. I installed bias valve of willwood. You need to create some part of brake line.