Hi everyone, 

im going to be getting my car remapped with a wolf v4x stand-alone at TD, before I go just want to make sure she’s all ready. I’ve recently got a new downpipe and exhaust and there’s no hole for the egt sensor. Previously before i put the exhaust on the previous owner had the egt sensor just dangling in the engine bay (dodgy I know) I am aware egt sensors generally read the exhaust temp to make sure the car it up to temp to allow more accurate fuelling ect... so my question is... will it be something TD will most likely map out? im running a td04 set up and only really shooting for 200hp. I’m running the standard 02 sensor and would consider upgrading to a wideband aswell for more accurate tuning.

if anyone has a wolf v4x or can tell me anything about what they have done in terms of the egt sensor and o2 sensor it would be greatly appreciated!!

tia! :) :) :) 

24 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

Waw I wasn't aware the standard ems had a egt sensor. 

Very interested in this topic. 

Is the egt sensor placed before or after the turbo in relation to the exhaust system. 

Never saw where it went originally but would imagine just after catalytic converter 

3 hours ago, Georgehburroww said:

Hi everyone, 

im going to be getting my car remapped with a wolf v4x stand-alone at TD, before I go just want to make sure she’s all ready. I’ve recently got a new downpipe and exhaust and there’s no hole for the egt sensor. Previously before i put the exhaust on the previous owner had the egt sensor just dangling in the engine bay (dodgy I know) I am aware egt sensors generally read the exhaust temp to make sure the car it up to temp to allow more accurate fuelling ect... so my question is... will it be something TD will most likely map out? im running a td04 set up and only really shooting for 200hp. I’m running the standard 02 sensor and would consider upgrading to a wideband aswell for more accurate tuning.

if anyone has a wolf v4x or can tell me anything about what they have done in terms of the egt sensor and o2 sensor it would be greatly appreciated!!

tia! :) :) :) 

I pretty sure the stock O2 sensor is before the cat and the temp. sensor is after the cat on the stock 4efte setup. Most forum search results say when fitting an aftermarket downpipe they remove the temp. sensor as its for cat warm up efficiency and no aftermarket downpipes have the fitting anyway, probably best to let TD guide you on that one.

I would deffo recommend a wideband o2 sensor and gauge on any tuned car as a failsafe atleast. If the fuel pump gets tired or the fpr starts to fail at least you have a gauge on the dash telling you what the air fuel ratios are to help prevent engine damage from leaning out.

Not sure how the wolf works but modern standalone ecu's should be able use the wideband data for all sorts of stuff. Closed loop fuelling corrections, targeting afr's etc.

Don't forget to report back on how it goes, never seen any results from a wolf mapped glanza before.

Edited by Claymore

It’s a cat temp sensor not a true EGT sensor, the Wolf won’t use it so it’s not problem it not being there.

As said above, make sure you have a good wideband fitted and wired to the ECU. Ive seen a lot of the Wolf installs done on the stock narrowband which partially defeats the point of a standalone.