2020 motor sport

all these very young lads in the top motor sport hasn't done it justice.

It just goes to show that there are no quick fixes.  and quality young drivers are few and far between. 

It would be interesting to here any predictions for next year and the last year of the high speed turbo era. 

Will there be any track records Broken ie hungering to monza

Edited by Sam44
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For me personally I think red bull are clutching at straws hoping for a quick fix with young talent, driving at these speeds in these cars takes experience not raw talent. 

I'm loosing faith in Christian Horner fast. The team and cars are clearly developed around max another big problem for his team mate as they now need to drive like max to get anywhere. 

Even thew max is clearly fast this is his 5th season in F1 with no challenge for the title any were to be seen (the dnf king) shows his lack of experience. 

All Sergio needs to do to beat max is be consistently in the top 5 in every race (not an easy task) which he can do in that car. I'm sure then when the smaller tracks come round that favour the RB car maxes frustrations will be his own undoing, leaving Sergio to achieve the top step place. 

These guys (Ferrari) are recent cheaters in the great sport and in my opinion deserve the bad patch they are currently going threw. I personally was at Monza last year and there straight line speed was monstrous nothing like this seasons!!!!. Clear for all to see. 

https://thejudge13.com/2021/01/11/ferrari-sends-its-engineers-to-haas/amp/

Fantastic to see sed vettel the great champ he is go to a young team. Next season I will be wearing pink cheering him on.  

At Monaco I'm praying Charles leclerc can complete the distance his 3rd attempt at his home gp I'm hoping he finishes it regardless if position. 

Edited by Sam44

here we go again. i love the french they certainly know how to fuck about. Renault are fragmented and abit of a mess . ive got my fingers crossed they can get there act together. that car and engine is starting look good (now Ferrari have been told to stop cheating). 

i really cant wait for this and next year, IM OFFICIALLY A SEB VETTLE fan. lets see if these young lads are as good as all the hyp now seb has a merc under him and recardo has a merc under him haha. game on guys its going to be crazy.

ive got my eyes firmly fixed on the lap times compared to last years, we need to see how far off these are, if there around or over 1sec down the youngsters now have a chance.   

how many race DNFs do we think max will get. theres a £30 QUID POT on it so far what you need to predict is his final points total at the end of the season and how many dnfs he will get total. its £2 to enter and take part, ill put the predictions on this topic with the total amount in the pot.  no more entries will be accepted when the lights go out in the first race. hold onto your hats this season is set to be a classic. this is just abit of fun the rules are your DNF predictions needs to match the end of season result if not and no others predict this correctly. it will go down to the closest points predictions for driver max verstappen. if there is more than 1 winner the pot will be split.  

1) sam44         204 points     5 race DNFs                        pot total £30  

more about the season ahead.

tech stuff 

this from the cheating red car team. this car looked utterly messy to handle (so twitchy). 

how the season looks so far.

Edited by Sam44

Ferrari fucked it up Sam, they showed the hand they had up the straights the same way Toyota fucked it up on that famous SS drag race where they made Subaru look like they where sat still, whoops lol

Who's getting the hot seat beside Bottas tho 

17 hours ago, SKINY said:

Ferrari fucked it up Sam, they showed the hand they had up the straights the same way Toyota fucked it up on that famous SS drag race where they made Subaru look like they where sat still, whoops lol

Who's getting the hot seat beside Bottas tho 

yep it was coming to them and now there going to struggle shame they had to take the other teams they supply engines to for this ride. 

dont believe what you read in the press is all im saying on this. merc are very clever at marketing. what is everyone talking about??. 2021 is a know brainier. easyish picking after that its a real question.  

Edited by Sam44

F1 news: Russell vs Bottas and two more 2021 rivalries to watch | F1 | Sport | Express.co.uk

personally i think max needs to be ready for a fight from the rear with alot of the midfield coming on leaps with some great experienced drivers in some very now capable cars. the top 10 this season is going to be crazy. 

bottas is a very safe pair of hands, very consistent, extremely talented. to judge him against Russel over that 1 race is really quite bad. the race result was mercs worst of the season. this is purely the press talking i think overall last season russel did not have a great year with alot of rookie mistakes leading to a low overall point score. 

im watching to see how he learns and very quickly needs to react to how he moves forward this season.   

now onto 2021:  

Valtteri Bottas completes 'amazing week' in Arctic Rally | Planet F1

Dakar Rally 2021 Final Stage Results & Highlights: Kevin Benavides Wins The Rally Race - DriveSpark News

i predicted around 1sec drop in lap times from 2020, which is huge. let us fouces on this and see ho has done the best job. 

well said toto. 

oh my golly josh, has there ever been or ever looked to be a verstappen and hamilton rivalry. more like a verstappen and leclerc or bottas. even when lewis has a puncture on his car he still wins by 10sec. i predict a new dnf record coming our way in 2021. 

Hamilton vs Verstappen, and 6 more rivalries set to dominate F1 in 2021 | Formula 1®

not sure on this information, its widely know that Ferrari were tricking the fia fuel flow meter. this season there are 2x fia fuel flow meters instead of one.   

Edited by Sam44
  • 4 weeks later...

here we go again. 

car launch and testing time. 

ive got my SEB VETTLE CAP. target come in 3rd/2nd if you can in the drivers championship. am i dreaming here or is this the 4x world champion. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 2 weeks later...

Here we go again

My predictions was 1 sec alap lost with the aroe regs. I'm expecting Merc to be on top of these losses. they have been developing this seasons car the longest. 

Looks great to drive. 

Smooth and controllable. Come on seb let's push sir Lewis all the way. 

Day 1

Day 2

Yep this is were I stand. You can't expect these youngsters to be able to drive at these speeds RIGHT NOW!!!!.  

Day 3

Alittle intro to the AMR21 

Edited by Sam44
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope everyone is well and enjoying spring in the UK. 

I've not been on much due to work. 

There has been some great racing over the past 2 months, not only in F1 with the Merc no longer the best car, Bathurst has been amazing and the start to the all electric off road series also very good. Moto GP. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how is everyone. im finally on my way home after nearly nine months away. this which was originally planned to be two months just as the second covid wave hit.

im not going to lie the hardest part has been the weather in sub zero temps alot of the time with limited light hours. also not having my family and friends close by. 

i would like to say a big thank you to ukso for helping me threw it. 

now onto the motor sport. waw such good/amazing racing. here is  some facts about the last two races to help you understand what went wrong. 

How Mercedes Secret System Cost Lewis the Win | Azerbaijan Grand Prix Explained - YouTube

Edited by Sam44
  • 1 month later...

Sorry about late reply skinny. 

Since being back there's a ton of stuff to catch up on. 

Yeh it's been great veiwing. The dnf king (mad Max) back at work. Wondering how if you drive like a angry kid you get involved in accidents and bottas just not braking into the 1 of the sharpest corners on 1 of the narrowest tracks IN THE WET!!!!???. 

Loving the battles and how close the grid is this year. Gutted Perez has not just tried to be consistent rather than going all out he would be closer to the top at this point if not at the top. 

Haha I know what you mean about Christian Horner. It's as if he doesn't understand he's racing here. This is what and has always happend. 

Also Albon back from his new flat in Monaco (swapped with perez) and in DTM. Not a great first race but he is to used to F1 teams and there ability to setup the car. The dtm cars are no were near adjustable on setup. He needs to learn to drive over the limit the tyres and car will take alot more abuse. 

Edited by Sam44

How to close race, look how smooth there movements are this allows close racing. 

Now watch what happens when you are aggresive and unable to race close. 

Not to take it away from redbull that team have done a amazing job with this car such a great team and we are seeing Lewis back at the factory putting in the hours needed catch up. 

Edited by Sam44

Alittle in sight into next year's massive regulation changes as well as there impact. 

Also just on the carbon fiber layering that red bull does is so fine tuned that certain parts will pass the load testing (flexibility regulations). But at a procise load flex to either reduce drag or increase down force. Mind blowing stuff, really next level. 

Really impressive understanding of carbon fiber architecture. I can't tell you how blown away i am about this. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 4 weeks later...

Russel And Hamilton both at Mercedes next season should make for a very very very interesting year  :)

I'm a Hamilton fan but I've been watching Russel too and hope he do every bit as good if not better,  Lewis at last has a proper competitive team mate, Bottas whilst an excellent driver was just a yes man 

we will see my mate. russel has dropped afew clangers this season and last season. i fear when russel and max come together (lots) in the future as both seem to be edger to go wheel to wheel but lack the know how. 

bottas is a very good driver, he just didnt secure them early season points to put him at the front of the teams future plans. i fear russel had a big part to play here taking him out at imola, trying out his wheel to wheel skills. 

i must say seeing the redbull and merc out of another race is getting abit shitty now. words need to be had. great to see a shoeeeee going down and that big smile back. you could read ricardos mind when they asked him about the incident at turn 2 with max and lewis.

how did max pull back 7sec (the difference between his and lewis pit stop). really very impressive, at the fastest track on the calendar. which should favor the merc.  

Edited by Sam44