Glanza V Roof Gutter Trim

5 hours ago, burty said:

Good luck mate I've had a right job getting one ended up coming off a breaker 

The drivers side part number is 75551-10120. Same part number as EP91 starlet. Might be easier to find off a breaker as above.

Amayama are listing them as available but that doesn't guarantee it.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JamesG said:

Yeah, these are listed as discontinued on amayama now too. Sad times, was hoping to pick a fresh pair up for mine :sad:.

This is the game with 20+ year old cars unfortunately. 😪 Aftermarket maintenance parts and tuning parts supply are usually ok for years but unique O.E. parts that are model specific become harder to find. It's part of the reason I sold my previous weekend toy. The manufacturer was pretty good and offered a backorder system for NLA parts but it was quite a wait until enough orders were placed to then manufacture the next batch of parts. The problem is modern cars don't do it for me but atleast you know the parts are there.

Edited by Claymore
47 minutes ago, burty said:

Time to look for something similar size now as alternates? 

Not planning on jumping ship just yet! I know you've been to the ends of the earth rooting through containers to source parts for yours, great commitment. :drinks:

As long as I can finish the project its all good. I've been through it once before already but its the way with all cars of this age. I dread to think the difficulties for the EP82 boys and girls out there.

But a honda civic type r ep3 seems like a bargain, if you can find one without terminal rust!

I was also looking at a fiesta 1.0t ecoboost to build before the starlet, would have ended up at 180bhp (briefly) and had the nostalgic hint of the daihatsu charade gtti engine wise. Too modern but easily maintained at least

Edited by Claymore
19 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Not planning on jumping ship just yet! I know you've been to the ends of the earth rooting through containers to source parts for yours, great commitment. :drinks:

I've been all over country for parts off to Birmingham this weekend fingers crossed I've got some gutter rails myself few months ago as I knew they was discontinued incase mine snap then at least they can be pieced together /plastic welded 

No no no not the starlet the gutter rails as in alternate similar size ones that may fit off another  car don't you be going anywhere just yet your knowledge is needed here 😀

2 hours ago, burty said:

No no no not the starlet the gutter rails as in alternate similar size ones that may fit off another  car don't you be going anywhere just yet your knowledge is needed here 😀

Lol, very kind mate. I try my best.

Almost tempted to buy another starlet spares or repairs to frag for parts for mine but I can't bring myself to take one off the road if it could be saved!

Edit:

Just phoned Toyota to order some nuts and bolts to fit some fte brackets to my engine and guess what!? One of the nuts is NLA but you can still buy the bolt, yay :blink:. Hopefully it's a standard thread bolt.

Edited by Claymore
parts avaialbility
Just now, Charlie Thompson said:

Thanks burty. I’ve just managed to source some second hand ones that the bloke assured me are in perfect condition for £28 posted, so I’ve took the punt and hopefully they fit fine 🤞 if not back to the drawing board 😂

Nice one mate they off a breaker? 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Thompson said:

With the only issue of my old ones been that they’re about an inch short at the back, I have thought if these ones are also to short that I could try join my old set and new set together by cutting them in the middle... but that will be my last resort 😂😂

That's my thinking aswell I've a length and 3/4 to do the same wonder if corollas fit of same era

Edited by burty