Hi all,

After finally deciding to take the plunge and several months of searching, I've found myself an awesome V. Looked at a couple around the 300hp mark but felt very anxious about committing (some YouTube videos certainly don't give you much hope that they have been well looked after). Then came across this one. So hopped on a plane, flew north and brought her home....

Engine Fully Forged by TD

Wossner Pistons

Scat Con Rods

ARP Head Bolts

ALC Bearings 

Athena 1.2mm Head Gasket

Uprated Fuel Pump

Uprated Injectors

Emanage Blue Mapped by SOS Motorsport @ 0.9 Bar - 226bhp - Dastek Unichip mapped by Redline Tuning @ 1.2 Bar - 263bhp

Racetech Manifold

Mamba Tech Td04 Hyrbid with Billet Compressor Wheel

Turbo Smart 40mm External Waste Gate

Stage 3 Competition Clutch

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust - Now with added box making it a fair bit quieter

TRD Suspension

Grooved Front Discs

EBC Yellow Stuff Pads

Full Immaculate Recaro Interior

TRD Steering Wheel

Speedline SR Wheels

I've a couple of bits I want to do to make her a bit better:

Tidy Centre Console Area (it needs a new gauge holder)

Sort ABS light which is currently on

Sort Airbag light which is occasionally on

Wipers have seen better days so sand them down and give them a new lick of paint

Rewire in Oil Catch Can

Fit new Window Weather Strip on drivers side *I'm in the market for one if anybody has one going*

Fit Anti Roll Kit

Fit Anti Lift Kit

It doesn't currently have a stereo - Pioneer system fitted 

I'm here to learn, your advice is always much appreciated. I look forward to getting to know some of you better! 

Cheers,

Ben

IMG_20201020_085128.jpg

IMG_20201010_144211.jpg

Screenshot_20201020_085404.jpg

IMG_20201020_085300.jpg

IMG_20201020_114052.jpg

Edited by Goldie
3 hours ago, Claymore said:

Good job mate, she looks nice and tidy, any shots of the engine bay? :) Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Tons of new build threads started recently! 

Awesome

There is now  🙂 Will get some of the interior when I have a moment. It's really tidy! 

Nice really nice seems to be loads of threads starting lately some cracking builds going on be sure to have a read don't forget about the NA builds aswell will be keeping an eye on this one love a silver V 

Cheers all! Loving Glanza life so far!

Although mostly hibernating I've managed to pick up a couple bits for her this week.

Managed to persuade a matey on Facebook to sell me his weather strip from the door he had going, so no more whistling windows at 30mph+ 😁

Picked up an ashtray and cigarette lighter from ebay which she was missing when I bought her. 

Started looking at tyres, I'm thinking about going with pilot sport 3's but not 100% yet. 

Going to start looking at tidying my centre console soon, tempted to smooth it off and put another gauge in there as I don't really fancy having a head unit. IMG_20201018_121608.thumb.jpg.43f5f54e469285430e607442c53400b9.jpg

So about a month ago whilst sat in traffic she overheated, this was due to the fan not doing its job but this was enough for me to want to book into my local garage (southern motor development) for a full inspection. They came back with quite an impressive list (thankfully nothing awful) of things which needed attention including some bits which would make it generally better performing, such as relocating the intake away from the manifold. I got all the work done and I've now got her back (with a fresh set of proxes on all fours) and she's running & handling great. They've suggested next year I look at getting the Meister R's and having a remap as the one on there atm is okay but not great (it turns out the guy who does their mapping races starlets in his spare time, how fortunate).

Going to take the door card off this weekend and fit the new weather strip, it'll be great to finally drive without a drafty noise in my ear! 😁

Edited by Goldie
  • 1 month later...

Happy new year all! 😉 Hope you're keeping well. 

The cold weather recently took its toll on my wideband sensor which from what I heard from @Trevstar can suffer from thermal shock (sounds about right for this time of year). Managed to find the Bosch LSU 4.9 on euro car parts for half price which was a winner. I was a bit concerned the AEM wideband would need recalibrating or something after being fitted but it turned out to be a really simple fix.

I sprayed the sensor end which is attached to the downpipe with some WD40, removed the old sensor, plugged in the new one, rerouted the wire through the old route and plugged it back in. Hey presto, easy as that, started the car back up, the error message on the wideband disappeared and the gauge read as expected. 

A week or so ago I was getting an annoying high pitch rattle from my centre console, after an hour or so of playing about, taking things out and putting them back, turns out it was my drinks holder. I've temporirly used a bit of tape to stop it from rattling but shall have to look at a more permanent fix soon. 

I've also just received an order with a new set of pioneer 4inch for the dash, 6x9 for the parcel shelf and headunit, hopefully fitting that later today seeing as it looks to be a nice one. As much as I like the rather large sound of my Blitz Nur R definitely needing some tunes. 

I'll put some pictures up shortly. 

On 17/01/2021 at 11:04 AM, burty said:

Good progress I've met trevstar great bloke and very knowledgeable, interested to know how the front speakers sound as I'm wanting some for my SR restoration 

Thanks Burty! Indeed he is, like a wiki for starlets, it's pretty impressive. 

This morning I decided to swallow some of my pride and put the Blitz bung in the exhuast to see how she gets on like that for a while (yesss, I knowwww), eventually I would like a new exhuast but for the minute money is having to be spent on more pressing issues like transmission and mapping. I'm not too impressed with the sound she's making now however it's a damn site less than the massive Blitz Nur R  drone which was getting to me. Honest opinions on the bung situation would be appreciated, anybody have any experience with them? I was think to go for a hi power silent next, unless anybody else has quiet alternatives? 

I spent a little bit of time putting in some new pioneer front speakers today though ran out of time to get them wired in. Now, i thought 10cm speakers were the go to for the starlets if mounting them in the dash, however the pioneer 10cm's I ordered up were just a bit too small and so chanced it on a set of 13cm's which I was surprise to find fit (with a little tweaking).

IMG_20210123_135135.thumb.jpg.a79ad8ed8799ec87c41f5db4e7ded126.jpg

IMG_20210123_135201.thumb.jpg.352860392804d7c30c82c617d5fc948a.jpg

I also had arrive in the post today a Toyota blanking plate, 3rd time lucky as the 1st I bought was lost on the post and 2nd was damaged. IMG_20210123_143655.thumb.jpg.55b56226b394f77a8d9c664a35e82de9.jpg

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago and had a blitz nur but was just so loud . I then got a hKs silent power was a nice exhaust not to loud but had a nice note for daily driving and didn’t piss the neighbours off 😂 . I have now got a fujitsubo power getta and it’s sounds amazing with no drone and just a nice note .Hope that helps you abit 👍🏼 Toby 

Edited by T-dog
17 hours ago, Goldie said:

Thanks Burty! Indeed he is, like a wiki for starlets, it's pretty impressive. 

Indeed he is mate been a massive help on my build really sorted me out between him and pikey on some parts all the lads on here have been great alot quieter than the old days how do the new speakers sound? 

Edited by burty
10 hours ago, T-dog said:

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago and had a blitz nur but was just so loud . I then got a hKs silent power was a nice exhaust not to loud but had a nice note for daily driving and didn’t piss the neighbours off 😂 . I have now got a fujitsubo power getta and it’s sounds amazing with no drone and just a nice note .Hope that helps you abit 👍🏼 Toby 

That's it, it might just be how it was maikh me feel but I swear the neighbours were giving me daggers with it.

Cheers T, I shall check out the power getta. 

9 hours ago, burty said:

Indeed he is mate been a massive help on my build really sorted me out between him and pikey on some parts all the lads on here have been great alot quieter than the old days how do the new speakers sound? 

And he's already been a big help to me also. I look forward to getting to know the guy better! 

Unfortunately I have no sound coming from the speakers at the minute, they have been mis-wired up behind the dash and haven't yet attempted to get back there. It does look nice though compared to before... 😂 

*Note that paper wedged in the cup holder. Took me quite a while to find that rattle, shall do something more permanent at somepoint. 

IMG_20210124_132337.jpg

Edited by Goldie
On 27/01/2021 at 7:22 PM, JxckGlanza said:

Nice to see the forum living on a bit :) 

any chance of selling me that steering wheel haha?

enjoy the car 

Yeah shame it's quiet if everyone on the Facebook pages logged on and commented just once a week I still feel this is the place for more depth info

On 1/27/2021 at 7:22 PM, JxckGlanza said:

Nice to see the forum living on a bit :) 

any chance of selling me that steering wheel haha?

enjoy the car 

Haha. No steering wheel for sale here! 😉

Edited by Goldie
Just realise you were asking about a steering wheel and not wheels.. That's me messaging on here when I should be going to sleep. Haha