Toyota starlet recall

I used to work for Lexus which is how I got into starlet's.  Just got my recall letter through. Looking forward to my free courtesy wash and replacement airbag. See if they notice any of my more subtle mods.

As I understand it was first found on the sc430 (on lexus cars anyway) Obviously both car manufacturers and probably the airbag inflator manufacturer wants to minimise the recall. 

Maybe a year after that it was discovered these inflators were fitted to ct200h and is300h. 

To hear that it goes back as far as my 23 year old £300 shed is crazy. The cost must be astronomical. Probably costs twice that in parts, logistics, labour and admin. 

Surely takata must have been put out of business by now? Anyone know if they're still trading?

On 10/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, mrnoris said:

I used to work for Lexus which is how I got into starlet's.  Just got my recall letter through. Looking forward to my free courtesy wash and replacement airbag. See if they notice any of my more subtle mods.

As I understand it was first found on the sc430 (on lexus cars anyway) Obviously both car manufacturers and probably the airbag inflator manufacturer wants to minimise the recall. 

Maybe a year after that it was discovered these inflators were fitted to ct200h and is300h. 

To hear that it goes back as far as my 23 year old £300 shed is crazy. The cost must be astronomical. Probably costs twice that in parts, logistics, labour and admin. 

Surely takata must have been put out of business by now? Anyone know if they're still trading?

Yea its going to cost Toyota a brave few quid for sure, like the gen 7 celica engine recalls for oil burning, a mate bought a 7 2nd hand then got a letter a few weeks later to return the car to the nearest Toyota dealership for a replacement engine :)

im hoping they recall the GT for rust lmfao......