better out put alternator.

after talking to a member on here im going to order and try this alternator 120amp output full specs and dimensions in the items description.

land cruiser. 

ps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALTERNATOR-TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER-4-2-2002-2003-2004-1HD-FT-DIESEL-HDJ100-/203221527996

land crusier alternator.jpg

Edited by Sam44
2 hours ago, snails ep91 said:

what benefit would this have?

Very few for most setups, the car doesn’t have anything particularly current hungry on it.

Changing alternators isn’t as simple as you think due to different drive speeds from the crank pulley etc they were designed to be used with. 

You could buy a new one and end up under it overdriving it as the 4E crank pulley will be a different size to what it was designed for; so it may be worse; or it may overcharge the battery which is not what you want either..

Benefits are less load on the battery while loaded up like headlights on full, heater blower on full, rear heated screen on especially this time of the year. Getting your battery upto full charge quicker good for people that use the car for short runs or not regular.

It wouldn't over charge the battery the alternator has built in regulation and knows when its under load "supply's to demand". Pulley size is usually the same on the Same model of alternator it just has higher output (thicker winding on the stator and rotor plus bigger diodes in the rectifier)

Usually the alternator gets upgraded when you add more electrical load like a huge sound system or running an inverter in a campervan, towing a caravan with a leisure battery or fridge thats on while the caravan is being towed to destination or the likes of a vehicle that run a refrigerated unit or electric heaters. 

yeh as said above by lukep. 

im getting shocking electrical surge, that we do not see on newer vehicles. 

on the tiny capacity standard battery, very very simple now aged standard starlet electrical system and low output amp alternator, and when the rad fan comes on it has a big affect on my engine rpm. 

what ive done is put earth return cables in on all electrical systems, a larger capacity battery, but still with all the electrical things ive added to the car all i need to do is put a few things on and you can clearly see the lights go dimmer and the fuel pumps change note (at this point i know the alternator is loading) even the dash bulbs go dimmer. this happened straight from me getting the car. the higher amp alternator will use slightly more power from the engine the only real down side, and bargain at 74quid reconed unit. Ebay do me proud GULP!!!. 

i might also add the cd model i have is fully electric, windows, central locking, sunroof. so i notice it all the time.  reminds me im driving a 1990s vehicle.  

Edited by Sam44
On 2/3/2021 at 9:05 PM, lukEp said:

Benefits are less load on the battery while loaded up like headlights on full, heater blower on full, rear heated screen on especially this time of the year. Getting your battery upto full charge quicker good for people that use the car for short runs or not regular.

It wouldn't over charge the battery the alternator has built in regulation and knows when its under load "supply's to demand". Pulley size is usually the same on the Same model of alternator it just has higher output (thicker winding on the stator and rotor plus bigger diodes in the rectifier)

Usually the alternator gets upgraded when you add more electrical load like a huge sound system or running an inverter in a campervan, towing a caravan with a leisure battery or fridge thats on while the caravan is being towed to destination or the likes of a vehicle that run a refrigerated unit or electric heaters. 

For clarification in regards to the overcharging point, not directly if everything is working yes, but I’ve had experience with over driven alternators’ regulation circuit failing, which then in turn would cause the overcharging issue. You may be fine, but it can also happen.