Startermotor replacement 4efte facelift glanza

Well after having my car sit for a month the startmotor doesn't seem to do the job anymore. After making some weird jackhammer noises and a push start it doesn't do a thing anymore.

Checked the startermotor, currently have a 28100-11140 and by the looks of it a 28100-11130 also fits. Any other starters that would fit?

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by RoyalDutchie
  • RoyalDutchie changed the title to Startermotor replacement 4efte facelift glanza

I have fitted na starter motors before on a couple of glanza no problem . Slightly smaller in ah but still work fine . Also fitted a auto one year back just had to nut and bolt one of the holes . Lots of options if needed mate 👍🏼

Edited by T-dog

yeh ive got afew different ones here some are older tech/big, some are gear reduction new tech/small. same with the alternators olders units surge a lot when adding and removing current demand/big. newer units still surge alot but are alot better/smaller. the 120amp land cruiser unit is alot more stable/hardly any surging. making for smooth electrical operation and engine rpm. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info lads. I'll try and get one of them if it fails agian.

I've cleaned it and replaced the brushes seems to be spinning like it should. Currently have the 0.8kw starter instead of the maybe more common 1.0kw. Spins with a pretty high pitch, seems to right where it should be to me.