Flip up / Pop up head unit.

I've got a naughties chavtastic pioneer single din flip out headunit lying around in my garage, don't really even know where it came from lol😂. Can't lie, I think they're really cool and I'm also after being able to connect my phone to the audio, so installing this just makes sence. 

Has anybody fitted one to an ep91 and could show me how it fits and possibly give me some advice on installation. I can't picture it in my mind. I think id have to sit it low (remove the toyota black area)so it had room to flip up or sit it out proud of the dash which I don't think would look good. 

11 hours ago, CallumWellens33 said:

I've got a naughties chavtastic pioneer single din flip out headunit lying around in my garage, don't really even know where it came from lol😂. Can't lie, I think they're really cool and I'm also after being able to connect my phone to the audio, so installing this just makes sence. 

Has anybody fitted one to an ep91 and could show me how it fits and possibly give me some advice on installation. I can't picture it in my mind. I think id have to sit it low (remove the toyota black area)so it had room to flip up or sit it out proud of the dash which I don't think would look good. 

I think you've already discovered the problems, when the screen tilts back it would contact the centre fascia above it in the upper din slot (possibly in the lower too). A 3d printed collar could space it out but wouldn't look great.

If mounted in the lower slot the screen may contact the gearstick when it comes out.

I'm sure you're aware but you can get a mechless, bluetooth enabled single din head unit for silly cheap nowadays if you don't care about brand names and I'm sure I've seen branded ones for less than a £100. Does everything you want without the hassle.

Still thinking about installing an old Sony mini disc head unit in mine from back in the day. Lol

5 hours ago, Claymore said:

I think you've already discovered the problems, when the screen tilts back it would contact the centre fascia above it in the upper din slot (possibly in the lower too). A 3d printed collar could space it out but wouldn't look great.

If mounted in the lower slot the screen may contact the gearstick when it comes out.

I'm sure you're aware but you can get a mechless, bluetooth enabled single din head unit for silly cheap nowadays if you don't care about brand names and I'm sure I've seen branded ones for less than a £100. Does everything you want without the hassle.

Still thinking about installing an old Sony mini disc head unit in mine from back in the day. Lol

Yeah, see you get it. The having it how it would have been back then is the cool attractive bit to me. But if its more hassle than it's worth, I may just try and find and old pioneer with a graphic equalizer, they're equally as cool in my opinion lol😂. Thanks for the help, even if sadly it just confirms what I didn't want to hear. 

6 hours ago, Claymore said:

I loved the mini disc platform I've still got loads the recorder is long gone though just a player left

32 minutes ago, burty said:

I loved the mini disc platform I've still got loads the recorder is long gone though just a player left

Yes mate, Mini discs were awesome. CD quality recording and cassette tape convenience. I always thought the discs themselves were cool as an object, so futuristic 😍

20211028_173552.thumb.jpg.8c4c259f35b1d9594e31a641757ec4a7.jpg

Currently using my old Sony Xplod head unit hooked up at home from the audio outs powered by a 240/12v dc adapter. Still have my old recorder even though the mic/optical jack is toast for sentimental reasons.

Nakamichi used to be the ultimate stereo though. Would love an old shool Nakimichi MD single din. :thumbsup:

I've even got some proper pre recorded discs 

Mines the portable player I can hook it up to the cassette player with one of those cassette aux things

They really shouldn't of flopped like they did 

• 3 weeks later...