🔥Lockdown Glanza build (Rolling shell)

Hi all! I have done a build on here before on an Na to turbo build. Now sold and this is my next project.

I'll have to backtrack a little as I'm already a way into the build, not had time to make a build thread until now.

So I bought this as a rolling shell, no engine no gearbox no exhaust just the wheels suspension and brakes and bottom arms, all steering gear there but nothing in the terms of engine.

As it was in lockdown still at the beginning of 2021 January I couldn't travel to view or buy a car. I saw this was for sale and thought I would take a punt on it! And get someone to pick it up and bring it to me from north Wales! 

So yeah bought it blind 😂 paid £1200 for it. Anybody got any guesses on the condition? 

Screenshot_20211030-172016~2.png

Screenshot_20211030-172039~2.png

Screenshot_20211030-172031~2.png

Screenshot_20211030-172023~2.png

The specs on it :

Imported in 2010 

manual 

140km so only around 80k miles on the car

Body work looked pretty good on the outside. Obviously I didnt see the car at all so I knew it was a bit of a gamble. Anyway I gambled and this is what I discovered when it arrived ...

On 10/31/2021 at 10:01 AM, CaroleBaskin91 said:

The day after it arrived when I could actually see in the light. I went straight to check the sills as I realised I could see a little rust under the skirt 👀 

Screenshot_20211031-095848.png

Wow, that's a pretty big resto mate.

I know you didn't get to inspect it, but did the seller atleast tell you about the condition before you bought it?

All the best with the work ahead, it'll be great when its repaired. :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Wow, that's a pretty big resto mate.

I know you didn't get to inspect it, but did the seller atleast tell you about the condition before you bought it?

All the best with the work ahead, it'll be great when its repaired. :thumbsup:

Yeah was a big suprise, he hadn't told me about the sills at all no. Which was naughty. Anyway I will post more updates up tonight, as I got both sills replaced 

Good job getting them replaced, I imagine it was a big job. It seems they are getting beyond the point of scrapping and worth fixing these days. 

I'm also looking to replace mine somewhere between December and feb. Right sill the paint just started too bubble up and the left side has some holes. The inside seems to be kinda fine only the outer sill is mostly rusty. 

Do you have any tips or thing you would do different if you have to weld them again?

18 hours ago, RoyalDutchie said:

Good job getting them replaced, I imagine it was a big job. It seems they are getting beyond the point of scrapping and worth fixing these days. 

I'm also looking to replace mine somewhere between December and feb. Right sill the paint just started too bubble up and the left side has some holes. The inside seems to be kinda fine only the outer sill is mostly rusty. 

Do you have any tips or thing you would do different if you have to weld them again?

I didn't do the welding myself, there was a couple lads off the Facebook pages who sorted it for me, I'll try find their names and give them a shout on here. Top lads!