Haha. Just me getting 1 back at claymore (wouldn't change him for anything a). I know the time would come. Keep moving forward guys. Hope you both keep up the great work and keep on this great site. Sorry to post this just my time to be a knob. Which to be fair when I read the older posts there's loads of the angry comments going on. 

Yeh if you turbo the 4e you want pink 7afe injectors minimum 230cc. On the gray 295cc 4efte units you will have to drop the fuel pressure to around 2bar, to low im reconning, but as said I've not/done used this aprouch using a turbo. 

There is a build on here with a person that has used pink injectors to boost a 4efe on a fuel cut. I tried to contact him but he did not reply to my messages. 

If I remember right he had run this build for over a year with no problems.

There is also a black ep91 on you tube that does it, I think in France.  

The most denso injectors suffer with atomisation (spray pattern) .

on the 4efte there is what I call a sweet spot if you set your fuel pressure to 3.5 to 3.7bar base pressure (some nice kick ass power)  vacume line off. The injectors don't flow any more over around 4bar is there limmit. You can up your fuel pressure and do a plug read as I've spoken about previously to make sure the cylinder temps stay healthy. 

By upping fuel pressure it can increase injector temp increasing fuel temp and decreasing injector life. This is why I run a fuel cooler on my ep as well as screw on fuel line unions. Clips are rated at a much lower pressure. 

Edited by Sam44
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update.

Bad news is, the clutch slave cylinder burst last night😤

Good news is, she's external and it gives me an excuse to throw on my earls braided clutch line I intended to do once I'd swapped boxes and I can also flush the fluid that is probably oe toyota 23years old. Always gotta look for the positives 👌

• 3 weeks later...

Not posted for a while. Been quietly acquiring parts in the background lol😂. Pleased to say, I'll soon be a member of the 6 speed club😎

Also, the clutch was fixed the day after my last post. Ive also since installed a rear upper adjustable cusco strutbrace. 

How's everyone else doing?

20220201_172603.jpg

Edited by CallumWellens33
Typo, due to fat finger syndrome😂😂
  • 4 weeks later...

Update. I know this probably isn't a big deal to most of you guys, but it is to me. I've recently purchased my first set of proper coilovers. I didn't want to attempt the cheap route and modify something, I wanted a product purpose built for the car. I decided with the BR Series by BC Racing in the end. Front 6kg and rear 4kg spring rates. 

Massive thanks to Tim at TBDEVELOPEMTS (https://www.tbdevelopments.com/). Great service, ordered Sunday after a weekend of uming and arring, for them to arrive Tuesday! Alot quicker than I expected!

Its fair to say I've started as I mean to go on. No corners will be cut from here on in!

Also, as a side note, I offically passed my exams today. I'm offically a level 3 trains vehicle technician!

Hope everyone's doing okay!

20220301_201226.jpg

If you look at the early pics in my  build thread mine looked so good really low but on cheap springs worn shocks and 45 profile tires  it was a  terrible ride 

Best of both worlds with the coilovers such a good route to go down turning into a nice little NA build keep us updated on here 

Edited by burty
14 hours ago, burty said:

If you look at the early pics in my  build thread mine looked so good really low but on cheap springs worn shocks and 45 profile tires  it was a  terrible ride 

Best of both worlds with the coilovers such a good route to go down turning into a nice little NA build keep us updated on here 

Did used to like the whole "scene", but stance cars do not interest me anymore. Function over form. It probably won't be going all that low mate. Just after it being good round corners. All my shockers are original toyota, so can't blame them for being abit boaty haha!

• 3 weeks later...

So, small update with no pictures sadly. I decided to go with a Gizfab Panhard arm. I had a great chat on the phone with Mr Gizfab himself, Eden Young, and I must say I can't wait too see what he's going to produce for the Starlet chassis. He told me he was easily motivated when working on cars he loves and has always wanted a Glanza. He has aquired a rotten test mule and hopes to have started production before the second half of the year. If you havent heard of Gizfab, do have a look. They do some awesome work within the micra community, which I get the feeling Eden will attempt to replicate within the starlet world. 

As soon as the Panhard arrived, the coilovers went on. I've aligned it very basically, to drive straight ahead with the wheels straight until it goes in for a proper setup with a local rally lad who does custom alignments as part of his business. I have a rough idea of how values affect the feel, but I'm sure they guru will guide me through it all.

I must say, the BC recommended spring rates are perfect. If anything, it's a little bouncy. But I need to have a proper play around with the settings yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since the coilovers, not much has taken place with the car. I've installed a kenwood headunit. I wanted an old school one for a while now, something that 17year old me 20years ago would have bought new for it and this suits perfectly. No Bluetooth, just Aux and radio. I've thrown some speakers in too, as the sound was lacking to say the least. Just upgraded to the best for factory sizes, didn't want to go cutting stuff. They are 16cm in the parcel shelf and 13cm in the front for anybody wanting to fit the same way as I have. Interior wise, I've also installed an eBay under radio cupholder box, which for £12 works mint, a tomei shifter knob and a black leather gear surround. The plan is to one day flock all the plastics and get glanza seats and doors cards. But right now, I want to put a larger dent in getting the car to perform the way I want it too. 

I've installed tb development poly shifter bushes and a hypersport short shifter. It's really tightened the feel up nicely. I was worried it would be hard to get gears with but no, all sweeeet. 

I've also purchased a breaker off @RWDM47 which will be used to help solve my oil consumption issues. 

Pictures

1, the headunit, cupholders, shifter knob and surround.

2, the day I picked the car up from Patrick. Long old trip from Manchester to Strathaven and back. Featuring my grandads freshly restored Mitsubishi shogun (the love for japcrap runs in the family lol😂)

20220402_215413.jpg

20220330_174025.jpg

• 2 months later...

Progress has been slow recently. Mainly due to money and me catching covid.

I have since "fixed" my oil burning issues by swapping the engine from @RWDM47 into mine. Whilst doing this, I upgraded to a comp Clutches lightweight flywheel and all three fensport aluminium pulleys on the auxiliary side. She picks up a hell of a lot better now. I did want to paint the replacement up, but as it's only a temporary engine, I decided to just get the car mobile as quickly as possible and save the VHT for the other engine 

The original engine for my car is currently being rebuilt. That engine will be my turbo engine, I'm making small but consistent steps to prepare it for boost. I'm going to use glanza pistons and rods on a ct9. 

After thinking about what @Claymorehad explained above and on other posts, I have since decided to ditch the fuel pressure regulator cheap way of doing it and I'm going to use either det3 or greddy emanage Blue. It's my daily and it needs to be reliable, so it must be done properly. 

In the meantime, I have managed to grab a rare TRD fromt upper strutbrace off of a lad in St hellens. It needs a small refurb, but it'll shine up mint. 

Hope everyone's doing well, not been on here for a while so I'll catch up with the build threads soon! 

received_2248314141990551.jpeg

received_711386033469361.jpeg

20220509_095847.jpg

IMG_20220506_211816_511.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Few members on here have really motivated me recently. Thankyou lads, it's been great speaking to you. 

So, more turbo preparations. I want to throw more handling into it before power. Always of the belief that using the power you already have more effectively is better than throwing tons of unusable power into it. 

To do this, I'm going to finish the Polybushing kit with new arms, balljoints and track rod ends. I've also got a new set of wheels. Gone from 14x6 et47 to 15x7 et35. Most importantly, 15s open up a better tyre choice with obviously wider sizing and better fitment. I'm thinking Pilot Sport 3 in a 195 50. 

20220704_093513.jpg

20220708_231742.jpg