What is going on with this site?

Hi all, been a on here for quite a while now and have noticed the Club is just dying. There doesn’t seem to be much activity at all, especially from admin.

Why is it that I tried to list three items on Thursday evening and they still haven’t been authorised? Yes I can put them on eBay etc but wanted to offer them on here first. So what am I paying membership for? 

This place really needs some life breathing in to it before it shuts down. 

Thanks mate.

I know, such a shame but seems everything’s shifted to Facebook now, must just be a sign of the times I guess. as the market has dried up and most cars are either going for silly money or getting exported overseas there’s not much opportunity for new builds. 

Agree I still post etc and check daily

The Facebook format is shocking for car builds etc and if there's any issues it's always a link to this site people need to start using this site again 

Wtf? Been away a few years (quite a few to be fair) whats going on?? Where is every one? This club was like a massive community? Had the biggest turn out on a stand at several events back in the day!!

I think times have just changed and people aren't really interested in build threads anymore. Also, as parts dry up and standard ish cars become rarer i guess there's less opportunity. The whole Jap scene is going the same way TBH.

There's a gap in the market for starlet parts too I think. Intercoolers, full exhaust kits, brake kits, wheels that have the correct offset... Maybe it seems like a big gap to us but there's not enough money in it for companies to be interested.

Ya such a shame I've an epic build on here and while I've had 20 thousand views in the last year I've had about 10 comments  makes he sad no body comments  on the thread  I've worked myself to the bone the past 3 years to afford this build  😢  nobody appreciates quality builds anymore  mighten bother with updates to my build thread anymore 

Edited by matty gt

I always read them mate 

Mines same nobody replies

But on facebook it's active and tbh I really don't know why same questions no build threads it's a proper flawed platform if people just made one comment a day this place would be on top form again 

On 10/29/2022 at 7:55 PM, SKINY said:

Everyone is welcome on toyotagtturbo.com 

🤓🤭

I've been in there years too 🫢 just always been a lurker. Was just a bit more active at events etc with ukso

On 10/30/2022 at 12:21 PM, matty gt said:

Ya such a shame I've an epic build on here and while I've had 20 thousand views in the last year I've had about 10 comments  makes he sad no body comments  on the thread  I've worked myself to the bone the past 3 years to afford this build  😢  nobody appreciates quality builds anymore  mighten bother with updates to my build thread anymore 

stick at it man, hopefully this place will slowly busy up with enough effort!

36 minutes ago, burty said:

I always read them mate 

Mines same nobody replies

But on facebook it's active and tbh I really don't know why same questions no build threads it's a proper flawed platform if people just made one comment a day this place would be on top form again 

Totally agree, fb is crap for car based club communities.

forums are a much better platform, I think the issue is social media is the norm so people just gravitate to it.

Yeah times have changed and seems like we are all dinosaurs now. I’m not on any social media other than car forums just can’t be doing with all the extra shit that comes with it. 

this site is a really good layout and really user friendly, has lots going for it compared with others. Having just sold the GT, I’ll keep logging in to see what’s going on if anything.

Matty, your build is next level honestly, one of the best I’ve seen. But I know what you mean and stopping every two seconds to take a pic and log some info and then not receiving any interest is diss heartening 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UKSO was the first community to get me into the car scene. Its the reason I bought my Starlet. Even ended up in the motor trade because of it xD

It is a massive shame that the forum is dead now. I see most activity is on Facebook groups. And that goes for most of the car scene these days.

Forums are definitely an old skool thing. I always tell people to check forums and I get odd looks LOL.

Hopefully the site will stay up. I'm on and off with my Starlet build. Will HAVE to get it looking presentable this year as buying a house and cant have the eyesore that it is outside a new house lmao.

Plenty of resources and material on here. I've not come across another forum like this!