4efte throttle on Corolla E11 4efe inlet

Hi guys.

Time ago @Sam44 suggested me too use the Corolla inlet on the FTE engine as the airflow is better. Considering the technical differences such as the vacuum pipes, the water pipes, the sensors and the Air Control Valve, I would like to know if I can use the FDE throttle on the Corolla inlet and add what is missing on the intake swapping it from the FTE intake. My major concern is the air control valve that is usually sitting on the left side of the intake and must be swap with the Corolla air sensor that will be charade in another position on the right side of the intake.

@sam44 pic shows how you can put the air sensor in the four in one intake side to remove it from the left side where the air control valve can be positioned  if I could use the FTE throttle then the rest of the water and air pipes would be OK  

let me know what you think!

@Claymore

C73358DA-701D-42A7-BD25-3ED830B89C6A.jpeg

I would not bother. There is no evidence the ‘airflow’ is better, there is no plenum which a turbo engine likes and the runners are designed the way they are for an n/a engine to help with low end torque. 

13 hours ago, RobSR said:

I would not bother. There is no evidence the ‘airflow’ is better, there is no plenum which a turbo engine likes and the runners are designed the way they are for an n/a engine to help with low end torque. 

I appreciate your opinion.

To be honest Frankie I would say that the fte inlet manifold is the best suited option for the 4efte engine with the CT9 turbo, personally I would just stick with what you have.

As RobSR has said the corolla plenum is the smallest volume of all 3 common inlet manifolds, and has the longest runners which will magnify low down torque but will most likely lose power at the top end of the rev range as they're smaller diameter than fte.

The other issues off the top of my head are:

46mm diameter inlet flange on rolla manifold (needs the flange welding onto the plenum, or when you bore it out to 50mm for the fte TB the flange will fall off), IAT boss needs welding on, some sort of boss / remote setup for the IACV and the vac tube thing aswell (some people delete the iacv and wax stat, but unless its a "racecar" build I can't see it being much fun to live with), lack of vacuum sources for dump valve (maybe a vacuum block)...

Concentrate your time, money and effort on other mods.

9 hours ago, Claymore said:

To be honest Frankie I would say that the fte inlet manifold is the best suited option for the 4efte engine with the CT9 turbo, personally I would just stick with what you have.

As RobSR has said the corolla plenum is the smallest volume of all 3 common inlet manifolds, and has the longest runners which will magnify low down torque but will most likely lose power at the top end of the rev range as they're smaller diameter than fte.

The other issues off the top of my head are:

46mm diameter inlet flange on rolla manifold (needs the flange welding onto the plenum, or when you bore it out to 50mm for the fte TB the flange will fall off), IAT boss needs welding on, some sort of boss / remote setup for the IACV and the vac tube thing aswell (some people delete the iacv and wax stat, but unless its a "racecar" build I can't see it being much fun to live with), lack of vacuum sources for dump valve (maybe a vacuum block)...

Concentrate your time, money and effort on other mods.

You couldn’t be more clear! This all came to my head because back in the day is Sam told me about it. I was just curious to know if it was worth it but after what you said I’m going to stick to other mods! I’m going to upload new information about diffusion of the car soon! 

12 hours ago, Frankieflowers said:

You couldn’t be more clear! This all came to my head because back in the day is Sam told me about it. I was just curious to know if it was worth it but after what you said I’m going to stick to other mods! I’m going to upload new information about diffusion of the car soon! 

Excellent, looking forward to the updates on the build :thumbsup: