Glanza 4 pin auto tps to 3 pin manual tps conversion

If using OEM Toyota sensors you will need the corresponding throttle body as well as the sensor and plug, as the mechanism that goes into the sensor is slightly different.

I can't remember off the top of my head what the wiring is, but the diagrams are easy enough to find online, I did basically the reverse of this (3 to 4 pin) to use the 4 pin as my ECU requires a variable TPS.

I think this is the standard 3 pin:

top/yellow: TPS signal
middle/brown and white: ECU ground
bottom/black and red: throttle closed
No photo description available.

Your 4 pin auto TPS has a 5v feed which is now redundant, so you just have to check diagrams and see which order these three go.
Edited by ste91
5 hours ago, ste91 said:

If using OEM Toyota sensors you will need the corresponding throttle body as well as the sensor and plug, as the mechanism that goes into the sensor is slightly different.

I can't remember off the top of my head what the wiring is, but the diagrams are easy enough to find online, I did basically the reverse of this (3 to 4 pin) to use the 4 pin as my ECU requires a variable TPS.

I think this is the standard 3 pin:

top/yellow: TPS signal
middle/brown and white: ECU ground
bottom/black and red: throttle closed
No photo description available.

Your 4 pin auto TPS has a 5v feed which is now redundant, so you just have to check diagrams and see which order these three go.

Thanks for all the useful info

My plan is to change my glanza at ecu with a jam pnp ECU

My problem is the jam ECU is a mt 

So I m trying to find what I must modify to install jam ecu

• 2 weeks later...

i'll give you my experience.

i have an EP91 glanza...it was originally automatic with the 4 pin TPS and 4efte A/T ECU,,, i converted it to manual shortly after buying it and kept the 4 pin TPS and A/T ECU,,,this worked without any issues.

at some point afterwards, i bought a JAM M/T ECU and installed, keeping the 4 pin TPS....the car operated/worked without any issues; however, it would give a code for the TPS whenever i ran a diagnostic.  

On 2/7/2023 at 5:43 PM, gorganl2000 said:

i'll give you my experience.

i have an EP91 glanza...it was originally automatic with the 4 pin TPS and 4efte A/T ECU,,, i converted it to manual shortly after buying it and kept the 4 pin TPS and A/T ECU,,,this worked without any issues.

at some point afterwards, i bought a JAM M/T ECU and installed, keeping the 4 pin TPS....the car operated/worked without any issues; however, it would give a code for the TPS whenever i ran a diagnostic.  

Thanks for reply

Any management light on?

What about performance?

And did you check air fuel mixure?

On 2/10/2023 at 12:24 PM, Giannis said:

Thanks for reply

Any management light on?......No

What about performance?....it felt like a modest/moderate upgrade over the stock ecu on pump gas (90/95 ron locally from what i've researched). If you have better gas where you live, then you may get better performance than me

And did you check air fuel mixure?....No

see responses above

Edited by gorganl2000