Feedback For Gt Spec Turbos

Guest Enzo

Thought id post up some feedback for Geo.

Got my hybrid at the back end of last year but didnt fit it straight away. It was painfree ordering, and geo got it to me in record time :thumbsup:

It was finally fitted a couple of weeks ago now and I did have a few minor problems especially one with boost creep, Geo was very helpful in sorting these out and suggesting fixes in my setup, and what he suggested was bang on and worked perfectly.

Now, its working properly so a big thanks to Geo is due for putting up with my PM's!

Recommend anyone to get one of the Tongs hybrids, be it the GT spec or the new TD one.. you cant go wrong!

Cheers mate,

Craig

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

realised i didnt have boost creep my decat was off centre and needed to file it down for the actuator to open the waste gate. now sorted running just under 1 bar and its going well.

im now used to the power which sucks a bit lol but i can now go faster than :

civic type rs - whereas before they were just creeping away from me

focus st -

bmw 2.8

etc

if you want an all rounder get a tong turbo.

at just under 1 bar i can keep up with this and thats where the turbo comes alive so with a decent map on a ecu and 1.3 bar this would be a killer.

unfortunately i dont have a forged engine so scared to take the bosst any higher.

It's about time that I did this so here it goes;

I ordered the GT Spec hybrid when my standard CT9b decided to slowly but surely give up. It turns out that Enzo is indeed a good chap and easy to talk to when you've got questions - the turbo itself looks sweet by the way when you first get it out of the box. I put on the new turbo and took it for a spin and was confused as it felt the same but didn't run out steam high up. I need to explain that this was on the standard poo actuator (I was waiting for mine to come through the post), and I suddenly realised that this was while it was boosting to just 0.5 bar - this felt the same as my old turbo which always crept up to 0.8 bar. I finally got the actuator on and holding a steady 0.7 bar of boost and it feels alot better. I keep increasing it up slightly to try and get it to 0.8 bar until I get to do some more shopping.

Considering that I'm currently on a stock manifold, gutted cat and standard exhaust it still hits full boost (0.7 bar so far) by just before 3500 rpm. Anything within 3500 to 6500 ish and I'm consantly grinning. I've never been able to use pretty much all of the available revs because there wasn't any point before. The other thing is that I used to suffer from really bad boost creep, even when it was completely stock (minus the boost restriction) and that has completely gone too, even with not much on the inlet side.

All in all I'm a very happy bunny and feel that I have made the right choice. I just can't wait to sort out the entire exhaust and up the boost and fuel.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Enzo:

Thanks alot mate, absolutly top class service. recived my turbo just days after ordering and looks a propa piece of kit, wouldn't hesitate to make another purchace if i had/need to. sorry about the TD12 trial mate. anyways ill post up once its fitted.

Thanks again mate, Keya

with these mods :

front mount

rrfpr

better fuel pump

de cat

mani

TONG TURBO

actuator set @1 bar

you will be keeping up with a lot more expensive cars like :

civic type rs - blasted past one of them

focus sts- creeping up the arse of one of those

cocky bm drivers - the look on their faces priceless

could just about manage to keep up with a audi s3 but i had a passenger and he didnt.

etc

• 1 month later...

recieved nxt day delivery . the turbo was well pakaged and came with all the nessercary gaskets ect. enzo was realy helpfull and freindly to speak to. the turbo is something else, very well engineard and looks the dogs goolies, i highly recomend it:) totally changes the hole car . thankz enzo

jimmy

• 3 weeks later...

very fast delivery! i oredered about 2pm and had it at 11am the next day! and have to say its a hell of a hybrid loads better than my ct9/ct20 and with no turbo exchange and the cheapest on the market i dont think you can real beat it. highly recomend enzo and tong turbos very very happy customer :)

• 2 weeks later...
recieved the Hybrid in a few days :p , well packed and with water/oil gaskets enclosed too! thanks enzo, now looking forward to begin using it in a few days. I will keep you updated with results after installing it......

received hybrid today quick postage and enzo replied to pms instantly and kept me informed

couldnt get any better

well, Tong CT9 Hybrid turbo was fitted yesterday at last :p evrything was fine when mounting it etc etc. All i can say is its a huge improvement from a standard CT9 really picks up revs more easily and delivers more power and keep pulling at high revs (and only at 0.8 bar of boost im running), really satisfied with the product and with the services Enzo gave me regarding communication and shipping!

I recommend this turbo to anyone who wants more power and pleasure in driving :p

• 2 weeks later...

recieved my gt spec hybrid yesterday in a very quick and easy transaction. was well informed of what was happening. geo is a top guy to do buisness with. hopefully getting the turbo on this friday coming up . when it goes on i will have it mapped and post up results.

cheers geo. A****

well, had the turbo fitted now for a few weeks, what a piece ov kit. :)

only running .80 as my hks actuator has not yet been fitted, and its still very very quick! pulls so well even at low revs.

enzo was a pleasure to deal with, and recieved it about 3 days before expecting so was very happy.

once i get this actuator fitted and set up to 1.1bar, ill get it dynoed and post it up for yous.. along with the current spec list.. :)

cheers enzo mate!

jamie

Had my hybrid on a few weeks and now its mapped at 1.0 bar and its absolutly brilliant would recomend this turbo to anyone,

also enzo was very profesional with the sale and i recived it within days. Thanks mate plesure doing bussiness with you

• 4 weeks later...

Received a GT Spec Hybrid today which was only posted yesterday!

Spot on. Enzo is a top bloke who helped me answer all queries & phoned me up to go over a few things when the turbo had been shipped.

No worries at all.

Looking forward to getting it fitted.

Many thanks mate & been a pleasure doing business with you.

Lewis :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

had a problem with mine. spoke on here but not much answered. enzo rang me and helped me with the gt spec. brilliant service. just need to get a few small things sorted out and then i'll be more than happy i'm sure.

thanks for everything craig

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just another post to say thanks again to enzo, always happy to help on the phone with any problems setting up actuator etc, really friendly guy.

Also to say the car made 194.7 bhp at the fly at 0.8 bar, and at just above 6k rpm, waiting on my fpr coming so i can increase the fuel pressure so i can raise the boost to 1 bar safely!

Will send enzo the graphs once its been finally set up with fpr!

Cheers again dude!

• 5 months later...

I've got to do this again because my previous feedback was fine but...

I've had this on my car now for a good 20 months, and for the past 3 I've been running 1 BAR boost (even tried 1.2 for a bit and that felt savage) and I'm in love with it again. I only got it as a replacement initially, but having put together the bits needed to actually have some fun, and finally turn up the boost it's brilliant. The engine bits on their own are as follows;

GT Spec turbo

Meshed intake

HKS actuator

Tubular stainless manifold

Modified down-pipe

Japspeed exhaust

Japspeed intercooler

No BOV

New OEM rad

Samco rad hoses

Modified breather

NGK plugs

Magnecor Leads

FSE fuel pressure regulator

Nick Jones fuel pump

Jam Racing fuel cut defender

Boost starts to come in nice and early but builds up progressively and comes in so smoothly - and the noise is immense. Now, I'm not sure what power it has now, and to be honest I don't think I really care too much but I'm very, very happy with it as it is for now. All I'd like next in terms of engine tuning, is a proper ECU and some more boost, but that'll have to happen when funds allow again I guess.

Kev

• 4 months later...

I got my GT spec turbo today( also fitted it ha!). I've set it 0.8 and in so impressed how its pulls really shocked me! This the best £492 I've spent for sure!

I like also to say a huuge thank you to Enzo! Was a great help he rang me straight away when I inboxed him asking about the turbo. He explained what I needed to run and what was safe. Answered all of my questions and also didn't get anoyed with for keep texting him ask if he had received yet :) really a top guy.

I will keep in contact with him and do a lot more business with enzo.

Thanks

Matt