• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good dude! Will it be making a apperance at JAE?

Course I will bro, can't wait!

Also got the JAM rear bumper back on today and fitted properly bumper supports et al, also had the tracking done

This took place yesterday...

IMG_0472.jpg

...or tried to, got it on the dyno at TDi and mapping was done by Matt from AFR Tuning, got the throttle body changed up for an auto one with TPS, running 460cc injectors too and all the wiring and loom has been fitted and vacuum piping run for the HKS F-Con V Pro, yet as usual a problem arises...when running it they found the K24 had no nipple for vacuum on the tubby, so have had to order in some bits to fit a nipple on the inlet mani pipe before the tb.

This meant my wastegate was not working after 0.8bar - nonetheless, it was mapped but only made 140bhp at the wheels, with a lovely diagonal curve, it boosts beautifully now and I barely have to move my foot which makes it seem so much faster, they reckon at 1.2-1.3 bar the 220-250bhp I'm after is easily obtainable - sadly it will have to wait til after JAE.

Have also cleaned up the engine bay with some nice blue tubing and awesomely fitted the HKS ecu into the air box with all the pipe work running through the two air con holes, behind the dash so its all tidy under there and lovely, so Matt can just undo the old ecu and have access to the Fcon without the faff of pulling the dash apart again

why do you need to make a nipple on the inlet mani? is that to run a vac line to the wastegate?

as i run a vac line of my throttle body, it was originaly for air con and no using it ont the wastegate and it runs ok

yea he said he needs one before the throttle body as those ones wouldn't hold pressure above spring rate

and you know it Phil, end is nearly there I hope

Also finally got a set of rear beam polybushes, hope to fire them in at sometime soon tighten up the back end lil bit

Man that sucks!

I swear your car just doesn't want to be mapped...

Or maybe it just being ignorant of your needs n wants to biuld the anticipation even more for when it does get mapped and run like a monster! ;)

Just as Ollie says, as the k24 has no nipple for vacuum, as did my k26, then why does that have to mean you need one for the tb??

Surely you need to put a nipple for vacuum as close to the turbo as possible, as i did.

I bought something similar to this (mine was alot better designed though)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=vacuum+ni...1t:429,r:5,s:61

I then fitted it into the first piece of silicone joiner from the turbo to intercooler piping, car ran perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

still waiting on getting the final map done, but found this nifty lickle thing on in the mean time

IMG_0493.jpg

Love the JDMs they wrap stuff very nicely lol

IMG_0492.jpg

This is the new packaging

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

and the code for it new

IMG_0495.jpg

This is it out of the packaging, and in the holder

IMG_0498.jpg

and out of holder

IMG_0499.jpg

it is called the Toyota Resuceman III, and has a seatbelt cutter and hammer for breaking the window

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

and this is it fitted in the car

IMG_0502.jpg