We bought it as a replacement for the Glanza, I get about 360 miles on 50 quid of super. The mpg gauge is wildly optimistic most of the time quoting me 35 mpg on the motorway.

Spec wise...

3.2ltr, close V6 N/A

238hp, 237 lb/ft

1400+kg (lardy bastard)

0-60 6.5sec

153~ mph

4WD with torque split

6 speed manual box

335 mm vented discs front with 2 pot calipers,

275?mm vented discs rear with 1 pots

standard trim includes rain sensitive wipers, auto dim rear view etc.

Mine has the full leather heated konig seats and factory auto sunroof.

With ESP, ABS, TC etc any numpty can drive one far too quickly round corners...the ESP has already saved me a few times :D

It's one of those cars (for me anyway) where you think..'why on earth haven't I owned one of these before now?'

yea im getting that type of feeling every time i jump into a modern up to date car alot now. alternating between an e36 m3 and a brand spanking freelander this week for work duties, bad juju

• 2 weeks later...

Evenin Enzo mate...

The plan is to 'enhance' it for road/track.

Filter, Milltek non-res exhaust, remap (should get it to around 265 at a push), 6 pot calipers front, uprated discs, lines etc. 18" Compomotive MO's in Anthracite.

Nice to haves would be coilovers if the stock ones blow.

That'd do it, subtle track weapon :)

I think I just like to modify/tune...if whatever it is responds to tuning (hence not touching the Jag). If the EP was here, I'd finish it off and use it but having the Golf has made me think about just how much I'd use the trackstar...track days are few and far between at the moment.

Could I ever sell it? I have been thinking about it...I've put a lot into that car and enjoyed it so far and if I stripped it or sold it, I'd get a few quid no doubt but it'd be such a shame to let it go. I haven't missed it though :)

Mark

no please you really cant strip or sell it, that would be sacralige,, all that hardwork gone and another project would be raped if you did,

atleast get a rear anti roll bar and anti lift kit on it and take it out for another blast!?

The EP needs fueling, parts totalling over £800 with the little one and a Jag that needs £900 of suspension work, it's not likely to be finished any time soon.

And if I'm honest, letting someone else who doesn't have the same perfectionist approach to tuning work on the car was a mistake...I'm not happy with the finish and it's spoiled the whole project to an extent.

Ah well, if I do strip it, I'll offer it on here first.

The EP is kind of in storage at the moment with TGT...I'll get round to doing things at the end of the month I think? It doesn't help that the Golf is such a competent weapon out of the box, that's why I don't miss the EP.

• 5 months later...