Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MOT tomorrow.

I shit you not.

8 years after coming off the road due to an oil leak, two/three oil leaks have FINALLY been diagnosed. These shouldnt pose a problem for MOT and will be fixed probably next year.

Current work being carried out by the mechanic is as follows:

·         Oil and oil filter change

·         Fit lower arms with new bushes, ball joints and track rod ends (new drop links I bought were the wrong ones so they wont go on)

·         Fit anti-lift kit whilst fitting new lower arms

·         Fix CV boot weep on divers side (new boots purchased but not needed)

·         Fit new rear discs and pads and wheel bearings

·         Fit new water temp sensors

·         Weld in the spare wheel mount

·         Weld repair on bumper support bar

·         Headlight alignment

·         Straighten steering wheel

·         Assess front brakes (discs, pads, calipers) – are they ok? Answer: Discs have some life left but probably need replaced next year

·         Assess rear calipers – are they ok or seized? - GOOD NEWS! They are NOT seized!

·         Find the source of the oil leak and repair? Answer: crank shaft oil seal and driveshaft oil seal both leaking.

·         Change crank pulley back from blue one to OEM

·         Fuel tank need a coating of waxoil or similar and surface rust scraped off?

·         General MOT preparation (handbrake, etc) and check over (anything sinister lurking that I haven’t spotted?)  Rear hard pipes need cleaned up.

·         Fab and fit brackets to support FMIC better

Well - that only took 8 years. Will she pass MOT? We'll find out tomorrow!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

Most significant update since 2011:

Mot - passed.

She'll be delivered home in the coming week(s), and will go back into hibernation to await the spring and end of the salt on the roads.

There are a few jobs still needing done, but none that stop her from being tax'd and insured after winter.

Finally she will see the road again!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Work continues.

Front bumper is off and fitting of the OEM Parking Pole is done, only wiring remaining. 

New set of Ring Micro Cruise-Lites ordered to replace the now very manky ones, should smarten that area of the front bumper up a tad.

Once the parking pole is wired up and the fogs installed the bumper can go back on.

Might have to take a dremmel to the FMIC whilst I have access, see if i cant get it a bit cleaner looking.

Phil.

Then, after over 8 years, MOT was passed. Long road to get there, and not cheap, but hopefully all be worth it when I can dig her out in 2020!

Drove her down home, parked her beside the new daily for a few minutes before getting to work!

IMG_3832.JPG

First up, reinstalling a spare wheel after having the mount refitted; this then allowed the boot liner to go back in:

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

Then, biggest upgrade ever, Jay managed to source me the hook for the mat set which is fantastic as it stops the mat sliding up under the pedals! Its the simple things in life:

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

Phil.

During the MOT prep I had a few other bits and bobs sorted that had been sitting on the to-do list for many, many years. I think I had the ALK for over 10 years if not longer, maybe 12, before it finally got fitted:

IMG_3847.JPG

Powder coated arms with new track rod ends, ball joints, bushes etc etc:

IMG_3846.JPG

And let this be a lesson in not buying cheap shit from group buys over the years (seller shall remain nameless although we all know who it was):

IMG_3840.JPG

It is NOT meant to look like this on the other side!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3841.JPG

Phil.

Got the JDM shopping popped back in:

IMG_3839.JPG

And some gratuitous shots of some of the bits about the car:

TRD switches:

IMG_3257.JPG

Mokuzai VIP hangars:

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

JDM tourist maps and leaflets from my visit in 2017 - ye know, in case I take a wrong turn in downtown Shibuya:

IMG_3258.JPG

Honda S2000 start button, non-smoking ash tray and Glanza cupholders:

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

Rescueman:

IMG_3261.JPG

Clean box:

IMG_3267.JPG

JDM Flare:

IMG_3269.JPG

Recaros and harnesses:

IMG_3260.JPG

U.R. Room Bar and Jayz Garage B-pillar bars:

IMG_3266.JPG

Noise cannon:

IMG_3272.JPG

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

And finally for this update, the OEM parking pole has been installed (still to be wired in) and whilst the front bumper was off I replaced the Ring front fog lights as the old ones were a touch crusty.

Bumper off:

IMG_4009.JPG

Pole mounted:

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

Fog lights replaced:

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

And the front end reconstructed:

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

And the final full effect - not to everyones tastes, but we all know how deep the OEM optional extra obsession runs - it is straight, just this pic makes it look wonky:

IMG_4061.JPG

That's it for now. There is some wiring to tackle (pole, water temp, tacho) and she needs to go back to the mechanic next year to have the oil leaks addressed - believe it or not, after all these years of being off the road due to the leaks they have finally been diagnosed as drive shaft oil seal, crank shaft oil seal and possibly still some sump weep, so fresh seals will be ordered and then it will go in to have the gearbox removed and leaks fixed. She'll also get some brackets for the FMIC fabricated at the same time to do away with the cable ties.

She will also be heading up the road to Ballymena in the new year for spacers for the Volks and then a full geometry setup as its all over the shop from having had the lower arms done.

There is also the question of the paintwork to address...............I'll say no more.

There is more to do, but it'll keep for another update.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • 2 weeks later...