Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is some build and to have the car that long.you are a true starlet man.would love to have the money, time and place to store my gt but i dont. The colour is  great to. keep up the super work.

Edited by glanzadude

Absolutely no idea lol. Genuinely wouldn't even know where to start, maybe somewhere about half way through??

The FMIC set up is pretty basic - its just a WEPR FMIC specifically for Starlets. There was no modification from the basic setup from what I recall. The hot side originally was a bit of a mishmash of bits of pipe but we got that resolved after a year or two.

The WEPR kit is fairly small so there wasnt even a great deal of bumper trimming needed - we used a Blitz core to confirm spacing and do what trimming was needed as it was MUCH larger than the WEPR core, so we knew it would fit.

Phil.

• 5 months later...

Update

First came MOT, and then came insurance. Insured as of yesterday, so just got the tax to sort now. It's almost time for a spin - providing I can come up with a suitable "essential travel" justification. What bad timing to finally go back on the road!

Few pics to celebrate:

First coating of Chemical Guys Hydro Charge coating:

IMG_5108.jpg

Few bits of wiring to amend in here but mostly buttoned up:

IMG_5121.jpg

And thanks to Starbuck for the super new addition:

IMG_5052.JPG

Lets get the tax done and get this yoke on the road!

Phil.

I think the correct term is "period correct" 😂

car is now taxed, so thats all items covered - after 8.5 years its back on the road - and we're in lockdown so its done a whole 13 miles lol.

A good 13 miles though, no strange noises, everything behaving as it should other than a sticky throttle and that plastic boot liner rattling like feck lol.

Few wiring issues to address, but its up and running at last.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger