Problem After Fitting Fmic And Filter Relocation

Basicly ive fitted a FMIC and a airfilter relocation kit from monster motor sport and im etting no boost at all.

Firstly you know the pipe from the HI/LO boost solenoid thingy that you swap around to remove the first and second gear restriction. Well that pipe no longer has any where to go because the old pipe that came from the turbo to air filter had a small nipple type thing for it to go onto. and obviously the filter relocation kit is just a silicone bend and a metal pipe.

So i need to know where this vaccume pipe now goes?

or any one in Northeast/Durham area could come and take a look? I have a industrial unit and tools ect that i do all my work in so the car will be there.

much appriciated. Dale.

do you still use hi/lo boost or have you bypassed it

I have bypassed it but obviously the standard airbox piping has the nipple on for the pipe. but the filter relocation kit doesnt and its just hanging there. from what i can see the pipe comes from the wastegate round the back of the power steering pump.

And yeah its a standard actuator

I have bypassed it but obviously the standard airbox piping has the nipple on for the pipe. but the filter relocation kit doesnt and its just hanging there. from what i can see the pipe comes from the wastegate round the back of the power steering pump.

And yeah its a standard actuator

if you are still using the standard actuator i think you just block it with a screw

marck

if you are still using the standard actuator i think you just block it with a screw

marck

I tried that like mate and had a quick drive and was no different. what is that pipe actually for though because it obviously used air from the induction piping for a vaccume ? and since ive put the filter relocation kit on theres no boost at all thats why im pointing towards that pipe.

dale.

you need an uprated actutor like an HKS mate

funny you should say that, its been playing on my mind that the car isnt right so after all day stripping it and rebuilding it, i decided to go back down the unit and havea nother attempt in the freezing cold and pi**sing rain.

explaination...

when i put my foot down it very slightly boosts and occasionnally the first light of the turbo comes on and then quickly goes off. the BOV is fairly quiet but is obviously realeasing a little bit of pressure.

Back to the actuator side... when i was putting the filter relocation kit on to the turbo i removed the two bolts holding the actuator in place and moved it up around 2 inches with the rod still attached purly to get acess to the clip i was putting onto the pipe on the turbo end.

After all i did was move it back down into place and put the two bolts back in, now have i made a mistake there? are you supposed to set them back up to a certain mesurement ect..

so my question is how do you set a standard actuator up?

any help appreciated

dale.

funny you should say that, its been playing on my mind that the car isnt right so after all day stripping it and rebuilding it, i decided to go back down the unit and havea nother attempt in the freezing cold and pi**sing rain.

explaination...

when i put my foot down it very slightly boosts and occasionnally the first light of the turbo comes on and then quickly goes off. the BOV is fairly quiet but is obviously realeasing a little bit of pressure.

Back to the actuator side... when i was putting the filter relocation kit on to the turbo i removed the two bolts holding the actuator in place and moved it up around 2 inches with the rod still attached purly to get acess to the clip i was putting onto the pipe on the turbo end.

After all i did was move it back down into place and put the two bolts back in, now have i made a mistake there? are you supposed to set them back up to a certain mesurement ect..

so my question is how do you set a standard actuator up?

any help appreciated

dale.

a standerd actuator is not adjustable

by the way have you checked for leaks in the intercooler piping

a standerd actuator is not adjustable

by the way have you checked for leaks in the intercooler piping

So even if you remove the actuator and put it back on it will be set at the same?

erm yeah is there any easy way of checking for leaks in the pipeing?

as i carnt see any as such.. everythings tight ect.. ?

dale.

So even if you remove the actuator and put it back on it will be set at the same?

erm yeah is there any easy way of checking for leaks in the pipeing?

as i carnt see any as such.. everythings tight ect.. ?

dale.

yes the setting wont change. when you are driving are you getting a whooshing type sound when trying to boost if you are there will be a leak. also check your actuator doesnt have any movement in it as this may also cause the problem

yes the setting wont change. when you are driving are you getting a whooshing type sound when trying to boost if you are there will be a leak. also check your actuator doesnt have any movement in it as this may also cause the problem

Im not aware of any noises under boost ect.. what sort of movement are we talking about with the actuator?

To clarify the car achieved full boost and ran perfectly until this FMIC and relocation kit was fitted :S

dale.

Im not aware of any noises under boost ect.. what sort of movement are we talking about with the actuator?

To clarify the car achieved full boost and ran perfectly until this FMIC and relocation kit was fitted :S

dale.

the long thin piece of the actuator moving from right to left.

What a load of pish you dont need an adjustable actuator at all!!

I know what your problem is. I had the same problem with my filter kit and FMIC.

You have put the stainless pipe on the reloaction kit too far down the samco pipe. Therefore the air is getting blocked on the 90 degree bend.

The monster motorsport kit is SHIT. Its just universal piping off ebay or somewhere and not the right size for Starlets. We had to cut my stainless pipe down.

Take your filter off and the stainless pipe then take it for a drive :p

Then you can give me £100 :p

What a load of pish you dont need an adjustable actuator at all!!

I know what your problem is. I had the same problem with my filter kit and FMIC.

You have put the stainless pipe on the reloaction kit too far down the samco pipe. Therefore the air is getting blocked on the 90 degree bend.

The monster motorsport kit is SHIT. Its just universal piping off ebay or somewhere and not the right size for Starlets. We had to cut my stainless pipe down.

Take your filter off and the stainless pipe then take it for a drive :p

Then you can give me £100 :D

Yeah when i recieved the kit i was like ehh i could of made that myself lol.

I'm gonna go down and have another go with the filter off like you said soon :p

Oh and by the way i owe you no money if it works :D

then I had a brain wave

they dont come along often haha :p

wish id have seen this thread sooner i could have told you that one lol happened to a mate of mine and took us ages to work out lol

well glad its sorted now anyway lol

• 10 years later...