Oil Pressure And Temperature Gauge Installation

hello

well got my guages wired up to light up, my boost gauge is also piped in but need some pointers in the oil pressure gauge and oil temperature gauge information

pics are below of what the ends look like could someone please tell me how to connect them and where abouts they should go please. help would be appreciated

Right first is the oil pressure gauge, a wire comes out the gauge then connects to a metal attachment. the wire goes in the top then theres a threaded whole on one end then a single flat slide on connecter at the other. Pics below

SH104996.jpg

SH104998.jpg

SH104999.jpg

SH105002.jpg

SH105003.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics its a good camera aswell dont know why its being gay

anyway put a few pics up for different angles if it helps

so where does the threaded end screw into and what connecter in the engine bay connects to the slot on the metal pressure sensor?

Now for the oil temperature one

This ones easier to explain. its basically a lond circular bit of metal whick looks a bit like the lambda sensors so im guessing it works on the same principle but need to know where it goes. theres also a seperate bit on it which basically once the bit of metals in it screws over it to secure it. Pics below

SH105000.jpg

SH105001.jpg

Can anyone help out then please im no good at gauges and fitting as you can see haha

cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for oil temp it connects into the side of where the oil filter is there should be a bolt plugging the hole

temp.jpg

for oil pressure you need one of these this is the correct size even though it says subaru

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-remote-oil-ga...=item3ca6bdce02

this connects where your oem pressure switch goes at the bottom right hand side of the block and allows you to fit the new sensor and the old

this way of attatching the gauges is easiest as with sandwich plates there is no room

marck

well the oil temp looks well easy but dont be sure the oil pressure is any easier lol going to try and get my head round it now lol

updates later on my build thread and a pint for mark if it works and i ever meet him haha

Remove the sensor on the end of the tee as it looks like a standard oil pressure switch, so you want to put the existing one off your car there then put the other end of the tee where the standard oil pressure switch was.

Fitting the oil temp in the place shown above isn't necessarily easier than a sandwich plate as you'll still need to either space out the powersteering bracket or drill a hole through it, as above though you can see it in my thread.

From my experience dealing with oil gauges, don't tee directly into the block.

Use a sandwich plate for the oil filter

or

Use steel braided lines from the oil pressure switch (and tee it there)

The reason for that is, the sensors are made of brass and I have seen so many times the sensor tip snap and fall into the bottom end ($$$ alot to fix it)

hmmmm that aint good

so can someone please explain what a sandwich plate is exactly, where to put it and what it does lol

no links please cause I've looked at them all and they dont tell me exactly what i want to know just how to fit them lol

I've got that t piece you gave me the link too lol its in the pictures above dude

well i had a quick look earlier, found where it needs to go and its basically a downpipe take off jobby so hopefully going to have a play tomorrow at getting it on lol

I've got that t piece you gave me the link too lol its in the pictures above dude

well i had a quick look earlier, found where it needs to go and its basically a downpipe take off jobby so hopefully going to have a play tomorrow at getting it on lol

the one i gave you the link to has the braided line on it though

ahhhh ryt i see

well wallce said i should just be able to put the standard connectors from the car on the t piece and it should work

il try it tomorrow and see if it doesnt work il have to order one of them scooby ones you gave me the link to on eGay lol

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 11/18/2009 at 6:36 PM, Marck glanza V said:

for oil temp it connects into the side of where the oil filter is there should be a bolt plugging the hole

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/weeJohn/temp.jpg

for oil pressure you need one of these this is the correct size even though it says subaru

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-remote-oil-ga...=item3ca6bdce02

this connects where your oem pressure switch goes at the bottom right hand side of the block and allows you to fit the new sensor and the old

this way of attatching the gauges is easiest as with sandwich plates there is no room

marck

Hi! I am in the same situation looking for the Oil temperature location and oil pressure locations to fit the sensors. Unfortunately this thread is old and the pictures and the link are not available anymore. Would someone help me out to do what Marck explained?