pretty good, arguably the best handling hatch back money can buy, when a few choice mods are applied, the engines speak for them selfs, brilliant, very similar to the colt (ive had one of them because there a bit diferent) but theres a million more parts available for the civic than a colt.

which engine are you looking at because the 1.4 petrol was pretty crap, youre better off trying to source the 1.5 or if you can the 1.6 sir or even better the type r. or if you can afford it and find one, the civic jordan. the yellow ones, they had some uprated suspenion parts from standard and they hold there value very well!!!

id try get a glanza to be honest, i think youd b abit disapointed with the 1.4 civic, you definately need to get at least the 1.5, or even go with the 1.3, i cant remember exactly what it was but the 1.4 was definately the bad one of the bunch, i was gona buy my step dads mums 1.4 civic but my stp dad told me not to bother, so i go the 1.3 colt instead, having driven all of them and my old fto, ive got say the glanza is by far the best and puts the biggest smile on ya face!!!.

id try get a glanza to be honest, i think youd b abit disapointed with the 1.4 civic, you definately need to get at least the 1.5, or even go with the 1.3, i cant remember exactly what it was but the 1.4 was definately the bad one of the bunch, i was gona buy my step dads mums 1.4 civic but my stp dad told me not to bother, so i go the 1.3 colt instead, having driven all of them and my old fto, ive got say the glanza is by far the best and puts the biggest smile on ya face!!!.

Been looking, thought I may aswell go for a glanza so I can swap all the parts off the SR. Not looking for something super fast or anything yet. The 1.4 has more power than the starlet and from what i've heard will handle better

Damien

Driven glanzas, driven gt's, quite like them but finding one I want is the awkward part. Speed isn't important because I don't drive pedal down everywhere, very rarely go over 75. Aslong as its reasonably comfortable and handles okay, then it's good. Plus if I get bored with the civic I can soon convert it to a B16 or B18

Damien

A 1.4 Civic is no better than a non turbo Starlet.

If you can be bothered with the niggles of owning an older car, have a look at CRX's.

A 1.6 SOHC EG hatch may be another good choice.

I'll find out tomorrow. Not fussed about anything older than the SR, the crx's are getting pretty old and rusty, and for what clean ones are left, people are asking silly money, which is what is putting me off starlets.

Damien

I paid less than £1200 for my CRX. That was with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, some history, loads of reciepts very very minor rust on rear arches, ok it's got a few problems like there's a leak, the seats are ripped, etc... but it's mostly a solid car.

I think you are being very dismissive about the whole situation. I know what you mean about the prices and the amount if "idiots" who sell cars like this, but I wouldn't rule out Glanzas/GTs/whatever else just because of a few bad ones.

Also older cars aren't generally as bad as you might think.

I paid less than £1200 for my CRX. That was with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, some history, loads of reciepts very very minor rust on rear arches, ok it's got a few problems like there's a leak, the seats are ripped, etc... but it's mostly a solid car.

I think you are being very dismissive about the whole situation. I know what you mean about the prices and the amount if "idiots" who sell cars like this, but I wouldn't rule out Glanzas/GTs/whatever else just because of a few bad ones.

Also older cars aren't generally as bad as you might think.

Yeah. You bought a car that needs work, a rolling project, which is what I don't want. And it's not because of a few bad ones, it's the people that have a reasonable condition one but ask stupid prices and refuse to budge, it seems common with glanzas and gt's. And they are, the older they are the more work is needed, and I just can't be arsed with it anymore, especially in this weather

Damien