• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

checking this thread after a long time..nice work matt. car sounds great and much power already on tiny boost. just a matter of time before you'd be making some big power once you turn the boost up/tune :thumbsup:

When I got the car back I had some problems I needed to sort. The engine is lighter but the gearbox isn't.

There is a touch more weight on the front of the car and this is evident as soon as you come off the jack and look at the spring compression on the Meister's. I will be talking to Meister about stiffer front springs for it at some point. If anyone else has any ideas on a good starting point on set up's I'm all ears! To drive however, tbh Its not easy to realise there is more weigh on the front until you plant your foot the traction is unreal. I am looking forward to running semi slicks on it again now!

Nice to see it finished and running. Interesting figures too. I did tell you before that it would be heavier however you disagreed at the time! :)

Be interesting to see how a properly setup 4e v this does on a track.

Cheers Chaps! It is great to be back behind the wheel of it!

Nice to see it finished and running. Interesting figures too. I did tell you before that it would be heavier however you disagreed at the time! :)

Be interesting to see how a properly setup 4e v this does on a track.

I recall me saying the engine is lighter but the gearbox is heavier :)

Either way, its just enough to tell. Glad I didn't go 3sgte! lol

I'm looking forward to dialing in a setup :)

lol @ coal in the boot. This aint no bat-mobile. :)

Well managed to get an hour on the car today. The interior space is looking much better now!

post-2707-0-54270500-1462106341_thumb.jp

Clean. Nearly all re-assembled. etc

Returning the car to the pristine condition it was in last year! Be it Slowly.

Went to grab some V-Power after the trip back from Japfest also. Managed to get a lil video of the car just before the rain started to settle in!

It really is quite a thrill/alarming to drive, Huge Smiles. No Dump Valve and there is no lag going thru the gears at all. This is on cold 205/50/15 T1R's in the damp too haha.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNfaaUESss

Such a huge power band compared to a 4e. From the seat time ive had, in terms of straight line speed its comparable to a 4e/garrett mix at 370ish bhp but without the lag.

Sounds ace, hows the gearing compare between C and E series? Any longer or about the same?

Good tbh Morg.

post-2707-0-77596200-1462204789.jpg

The E153 is much nicer in terms of feel/synchro/throw. etc Compared to a C52.

On the chart I left the ratios and rpm limit the same as a 4e. Then added the 8k limiter its at now at the end.

Ratios are a touch longer, which is what you want really for high power. 5th gear is much nicer when cruising!

Much more choice in the E series box in terms of gears so! See how we do when its turned up!

• 3 weeks later...

Good tbh Morg.

ratios_onstarlet.jpg

The E153 is much nicer in terms of feel/synchro/throw. etc Compared to a C52.

On the chart I left the ratios and rpm limit the same as a 4e. Then added the 8k limiter its at now at the end.

Ratios are a touch longer, which is what you want really for high power. 5th gear is much nicer when cruising!

Much more choice in the E series box in terms of gears so! See how we do when its turned up!

Epic build as usual.

I don't know much about gearbox,but a quick question .

Can the e153 mr2 gearbox be mated with a 4efte with a few modz to make it work ?

Well managed to get an hour on the car today. The interior space is looking much better now!

Photo 01-05-2016, 12 46 08.jpg

Clean. Nearly all re-assembled. etc

Returning the car to the pristine condition it was in last year! Be it Slowly.

Went to grab some V-Power after the trip back from Japfest also. Managed to get a lil video of the car just before the rain started to settle in!

It really is quite a thrill/alarming to drive, Huge Smiles. No Dump Valve and there is no lag going thru the gears at all. This is on cold 205/50/15 T1R's in the damp too haha.

Such a huge power band compared to a 4e. From the seat time ive had, in terms of straight line speed its comparable to a 4e/garrett mix at 370ish bhp but without the lag.

Fucking hell Matt lol, that was very quick to 70mph lol

• 2 weeks later...

Getting more and more used to it every time I drive it now.

Backed off just shy of 100mph here. Its quite easily doing consistent sub 5's to 60mph now. Which is impressing even me!

Much awaited exhaust sound video....

As with anything. Listening live is always better. Video does not do this thing justice anymore.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsdriSc3_gk

I think you need a trip out to sunny cleethorpes on this beautiful day in your v you come show me the beast :-D!

Rob.

On the cards this summer sometime hey!

hooooligan :)

lol Thanks for the branding Colin.

Was it my imagination or are you running some sort of tractiom control there. Speed sensors front and rear style setup?

Sounds good

Phil

Well spotted Mr Eagle Eyes.

No and Yes.

As far as I understand it there are some basic settings in the launch control options on DTA. Giving it the ability to limit revs in 1st gear until a certain speed is reached.

Its actually set a touch too low atm in my opinion. But we haven't even delved into it enough yet. We didnt know what traction would be like. Clearly its better then we first thought. Your much less likely to spin unloading 320bhp at 10mph then at 0mph, is the theory behind it all, and clearly it does work.

Sounds a bit like a boxer, lovely

Un-Equal Length Manifold. Most likely the reason for the sound.

Im sure the sound will improve with more boost pressure :) Sounds a touch flat if anything.

• 3 weeks later...