Cheers Folks...

H_D - Sod selling a car because of what anyone else thinks! I can fit into anything I WANT to fit into! :)

Zeldoz - These particular ones are out of a Corsa VXR. However similar versions of these seats are fitted to Clio 197/Focus RS/RS4... A lot of modern hot hatches!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zeldoz - These particular ones are out of a Corsa VXR. However similar versions of these seats are fitted to Clio 197/Focus RS/RS4... A lot of modern hot hatches!

Not quite the same as a Focus RS, side bolsters are different in a Focus

Cheers Folks...

H_D - Sod selling a car because of what anyone else thinks! I can fit into anything I WANT to fit into! :)

Zeldoz - These particular ones are out of a Corsa VXR. However the same seats are fitted to Clio 197/Focus RS/RS4. A lot of modern hot hatches!

I was thinking a Corsa VXR. But, i thought they was slightly thinner than these ones! But obviously not. God there nice!

How you going to get round the mot? Seats have to slide back and forth but then again with it being stripped in the back you'll probably get away with it.

Low seats are awesome for driving position I love mine.

How you going to get round the mot? Seats have to slide back and forth but then again with it being stripped in the back you'll probably get away with it.

Low seats are awesome for driving position I love mine.

This only applys if they're on sliders I believe, if they're blatantly bolted straight in it (used) to be okay

I think it's changed I might be wrong, mine were originally bolted to the floor and I had to change it to meet Mot laws but I still have back seats so maybe that's why. I'm pretty sure if it's stripped out and clearly doesn't carry rear passengers than you'll be okay.

Have literally read through all 65 pages of this tonight honestly the best build thread I've read on a glanza fair play to you mate it's come a long long way from the first page! The attention to detail is epic really is, the ooooonly thing I would rather have on it would be a livesport spoiler :) I know your gone fully varis and it would be a sin to have livesport on with varis kit but all in all amazing amazing looking car and with performance to match!

Edited by ChrisLeeEP91
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All So Kind Comments! Thanks Folks.....

So! A well overdue update on my car! However, this is a good update that's left me smiling!

My Custom Oil Catch Tank/Coolant Expansion Tank is finished and on the car...

post-2707-0-94780700-1399047028.jpg

It looks like 1 big tank and the oil and water would mix in there, not the case.

The Oil Catch Section is at the top. The Coolant Expansion Tank is at the bottom, with the filler pipe coming up through the Oil Section. Clever, Tidy and Unique! Uses the same fitting as a 4efte rocker cover so ill add an aftermarket cap at some point!

So then came the mapping. There were several hurdles that we had to jump. Had a couple of little issues last week that were rectified and this afternoon, Ricky got to run some boost through it!

post-2707-0-89353300-1399047594_thumb.jp

Did some base mapping and some low boost mapping before starting to up the boost pressure.

Set the Boost Pressure to 2 Bar, did a pull and I received this picture on whatsapp:

post-2707-0-01267400-1399047797.jpg

Which for those who aren't in the know. Is .3bhp off Ryan-11's current record of 393.8bhp...

Our setups are very similar in a few ways. 4E-FTE, Inlet, ECU, Turbo Size. etc

Ricky said there was more in it, so he continued.

With the Boost Pressure set at 2.15bar and a bit later on in the day I got this picture on whatsapp:

post-2707-0-51549300-1399047914.jpg

Which was thank you very much record, but a kick in the balls for the pub chat bullshit... I can hear it now at japfest, hahahahaha, its not 400bhp... So Ricky carried on and even later on in the day...

With the Boost Pressure set to 2.05bar and more tweaks, I got this picture on whatsapp:

post-2707-0-00379600-1399048036.jpg

Which is exactly where I wanted to be, on pump fuel!...

The turbo is completely maxed, the injectors are not far behind...

However Ricky didn't want to push it too much as lifting the head off the block was a worry, I have ARP head bolts but even still, since we are in unknown territory... Might be worth considering studs!

Still a bit more mapping to be done start of next week to finish it off, but power wise we are there...

Im collecting the car Tuesday Evening all being well! Roll On Japfest 2014 Folks, Ill be seeing you there!

Final Graph:

post-2707-0-64416900-1399048625_thumb.jp

Little Dyno Tease for you all:

http://youtu.be/_31g8jG0EW4

Roll On Summer!

Nice, quick question.......how has it made less torque with more boost?? Doesn't make much sense!

Probably because the timing has been retarded a bit to compensate for more boost. Don't want no detonation

Nice result!