Best Brake Upgrade

there are lods of options avalible, all depends on you're budget.

Personly uprating you're rear brakes is dead money IMO. most of the braking is at the front.

Might be woth upgrading to a levin brake it with groved discs and red stuff pads.

braided hose lines do alot aswell

there are lods of options avalible, all depends on you're budget.

Personly uprating you're rear brakes is dead money IMO. most of the braking is at the front.

Might be woth upgrading to a levin brake it with groved discs and red stuff pads.

braided hose lines do alot aswell

I'm not planning any mad power so won't be needing some 4 pots or anything lol,

Yeah i know back brake's don't do much but it looks better having all round the same brake's in my opinion

Levins are a good upgrade... If you stay with starlet ones tho, I'd think twice about red stuffs for road use, you'll probably never heat them up properly. I'd go with greenstuffs or mintex 1144's

Braided lines and BMC will make a nice difference aswell!

For a good brake set-up at a decent price I'd go for the below (currently running myself) - this is a fast road set-up many have gone for:

3G 10 grooved discs,

1144 mintex pads,

Braided lines all around,

Dot 5 motul brake fluid.

This should suffice for fast road set-up.

For a good brake set-up at a decent price I'd go for the below (currently running myself) - this is a fast road set-up many have gone for:

3G 10 grooved discs,

1144 mintex pads,

Dot 5 motul brake fluid.

Is this also good for Track Use ?

I recently bought new brakes which included:

EBC grooved discs

Yellowstuff pads

Cusco BMCS

HEL brakelines

Rear pads

5.1 Brake fluid

That should be sufficient enough for fast road/track. If you where to go for more power I'd probably go for levin/willwood brakes, or some traders sell a gt4 brake conversion kit which offers ridiculous stopping power.

3G 10 grooved discs,

1144 mintex pads,

Dot 5 motul brake fluid.

I have this set up and it's awful, the 3G discs have fallen apart, I will post a picture of them when I take them off.

I think 3g's are abit hit and miss.. Brother had some on his Glanza many moons ago and they were actually really good.

If their groved/dimpled etc they'll still be vented mate :p grooved disks are actually worth having tho, as the grooves are there to keep cutting the face of the pad to stop them glazing over and to keep the pad surface fresh. You will go through pads quicker tho.

IMO, if I was doing loads of trackdays yes I'd go for willwoods/WMS 4pots etc, but if it was mainly a road car with occasionally trackdays I'd stick with the uprated pads and discs option.

I have this set up and it's awful, the 3G discs have fallen apart, I will post a picture of them when I take them off.

I've not had issues, but there have been members who have. A bit of a hit and miss, still a few use them.

x2 with asad

the most effective mods are

the bmcs

braded lines

and fresh fluid with a higher boiling point

these are the mods that make the most noticable difference

Have you tried your WMS kit yet though? (sorry if my replies will be slow, in the Alps part of a roadtrip!)

Would like to say that i think ebc pads are wank. Had yellow stuffs in mine for around a year and got loads of brake fade with them, they took stupidly long to heat up and actually work! only plus point is they wear well, i have changed them now for some Hawk carbon pads but when i took them out they still had over half the pad left i would say and i did abuse them.

Would like to say that i think ebc pads are wank. Had yellow stuffs in mine for around a year and got loads of brake fade with them, they took stupidly long to heat up and actually work! only plus point is they wear well, i have changed them now for some Hawk carbon pads but when i took them out they still had over half the pad left i would say and i did abuse them.

What is wrong with the EBC Discs???

http://www.potn.co.uk/toyota-starlet-13-tu...13_p1140354.htm

Pads - I have the Mintex 1144 - good brakes, but squeal is annoying! Heard a lot of bad words about the EBC pads, especially Green Stuff!

Braded lines improve about 10-20% brake efficiency!

Keep the rear standard - won't notice any difference to uprated, it's not easy/cheap to get uprated pads and discs for the rear!

And for god's sake don't put DOT 5 fluid in, it's not compatible with Starlets -))) Use DOT 5.1