2ZZ-GE into Starlet conversion at Woodsport

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wiring is taking time to do, it's a little different from the Corolla T-sport 2zz wiring we previously did, so i need to take time to do it right... also not easy following on from someone elses wiring, i really could have done with the original engines harness for reference, but i'm getting there.

Anth is having a go at the wheels shortly.

Bespoke engine conversions are never a cheap thing to do, after all nothing is a straight fit and has to be fabricated. I'd not like to put prices on the forum, it's not fair on the paid up traders here, so i'm sticking within the rules.

Let's just say a conversion like this is very reasonably priced considering the level of workmanship and attention to detail going into it.

Bespoke engine conversions are never a cheap thing to do, after all nothing is a straight fit and has to be fabricated. I'd not like to put prices on the forum, it's not fair on the paid up traders here, so i'm sticking within the rules.

Let's just say a conversion like this is very reasonably priced considering the level of workmanship and attention to detail going into it.

I would agree very fair and an A1 level of craftsmanship too

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bit of an update if anyone cares, cars up and running now, the wiring was a complete ball ache!!

just final tweets with suspension and final touches then its getting picked up next week :) then im going to enjoy it!

heres a link to the build

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthrea...e-Starlet-build

vid, sound rattley but its because of the mic on the phone, it real life its sweet as a nut and the exhaust is as loud as hell! its going to sound bad ass on the high cam :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPDP5aRJZM...player_embedded

enjoy, chris.

yeah its looks mean as fuck bud and thanks :) i could have went down the same forged 4e/5e with td04 or what ever route as everyone else but i just dont see the point.

this is a complete one off car wish its own driving style :)

gonna sound mental at 8500 rpm screaming down the back roads

With the wheels tucked under the arches (just!) by adding a little camber to the fronts (1 degree) and the tracking/alignment all done we could begin some testing of this little beast. I also lowered it by a further 15mm all round so hopefully this looks better for you now Chris.

Nothing too adventurous just yet, some quick squirts up and down the yard to test the basics. I have to say it takes off like a stabbed rat, it's wheel spinning a bit in second gear with the combination of fresh tyres and a loose surface, i expect that to get better.

We are very happy with how it drives so far, really revvy and handles like it should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NyeNfN761o

• 4 weeks later...