Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearings turned up for the coilovers today they fit which is brilliant and at a fraction of the cost BC wanted. They wanted £22.50 per bearing I got theses for £1.99 each. Used a little locktite when I fitted them as it looked to have had some kind of adhesive on the old ones when I took them out. That's another job done getting there slowly.

IMG_20200708_160655.thumb.jpg.a54d552491975c029c23d3c7bede2501.jpgIMG_20200708_161927.thumb.jpg.59755ac9075cf580e8c51803de9c2ccf.jpg

Manage to get the box back in yesterday winner. Took ages on my own but got there in the end. Went to do the front gearbox mount up and strip the threads in the mount yay ordered an M10 helicoil kit yesterday that arrived today. So got on and fixed that. Getting there now just waiting on a few bits to turn up to finish off the suspension.

IMG_20200718_162043_615.thumb.jpg.f3a2128aef82ac8a3af8856e50b7b1b6.jpgIMG_20200718_162043_634.thumb.jpg.5ce9e8c01d6f3a2cf29bad814f2d18e9.jpg

Today's little job get the lower arms ready for a superpro bush kit heated up and cut off the rear bush followed by a wire wheel to get the last of the bush off. Then was into the front bushes that are pressed in from factory. I don't have a press so drilled holes around the rubber mount then got the hammer and punch out. Worked better than I expected.

IMG_20200720_180453.thumb.jpg.2a49908c0a5f31babb3d2cdf088a7882.jpg

Got the new bushes for the arms the other day. Got them fitted up then down to the car fitted them the front ARB with new drop links knuckles discs ksports. New ball joints new tie rod ends drive shafts. Also repaired some working I pulled out of the clips (lambda sensor & oil pressure sensor) almost all done just waiting on new nut and bolts for the waste spanner check every thing then all good to go. Wait for a couple months when I have money then get a mate to go the alignment again for me. Didn't get any pictures this time round was to busy lol 😂

IMG_20200722_114000.thumb.jpg.779dccc482f81856b19cfe739e54eaca.jpg

Well managed to get it all buttoned up and took it for test drive still leaking oil. Took the sump off to re seal it and greated by quite a bit of metal in the oil not cool. Think I've caught it early but something has defo gone though the engine took one of the mains off. It has marks. Plan of attack is to get the engine out chuck it in the back of the lexus and drop it up to tuning developments for a rebuild. Made a start at taking it out today but need to drain the coolant and purchase an engine crane.

IMG_20200808_120504.thumb.jpg.02ddc2e221e9dde953f10df1456273b2.jpgIMG_20200808_123843.thumb.jpg.fa45925b0c0082a15d5c199e8336167f.jpgIMG_20200808_131014.thumb.jpg.2a58fd74a23a09cd2ce261fb764469e6.jpg

1 hour ago, JamesG said:

Sorry to hear the bad news fella. Good to see your sticking with it, enjoyed reading through your build. Hopefully it will be back on the road before too long:thumbsup:

Yeah I'll stick with it love this car to bits I could rebuild it my self but I don't have anywhere clean to do it so I'll send it away it's not had an easy life with me I do kick it's head in. No point giving up now to deep financially I'd never get back what I've put into it. Gives me change to tidy up the bay while the engine is out. 

How many miles on the engine since built or cylinders honed. 

2 minutes ago, akyakapotter said:

Tbh I don't no ive probly done 15k- 20k over the years it was a second hand engine so I'm unsure how many the chap before hand done maybe 10k

No issues I'll get it rebuilt hopefully when it's pulled apart not to many surprises in store for me.

So not rebuilt recently. If it comes apart can you get me pics of compression rings ring end edges please if possible. Numbered 1 to 4 cylinder. 

10 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

How many miles on the engine since built or cylinders honed. 

So not rebuilt recently. If it comes apart can you get me pics of compression rings ring end edges please if possible. Numbered 1 to 4 cylinder. 

No mate engine is a good 7 / 8 years old I'd say. I'll ask for pics when it's comes apart as I'm running it up to tuning developments. Nice day out for me won't be for a little bit as I'm skint being on furlough and need to purchase an engine crane to get it out the car first.

3 hours ago, akyakapotter said:

No mate engine is a good 7 / 8 years old I'd say. I'll ask for pics when it's comes apart as I'm running it up to tuning developments. Nice day out for me won't be for a little bit as I'm skint being on furlough and need to purchase an engine crane to get it out the car first.

Thankyou. I need the information off the ring ends. The 2x very end surfaces of the rings. I'm looking for wear/polishing mainly on cylinder 1 & 2. Also cylinder glaze condition. Many many thanks. Just pictures will do please.  I'll not release the info gained publicly/on here (because of trouble coursers) but I'll share it with people that know what there doing and how to use the information objectively.

Edited by Sam44

Thats gutting mate. I've had the same recently, dumped my oil to find a bit of metal. Spoke with Hurley Race engines and we decided to run it for a few miles and check again, he reckons because mine barely moves. I start it once a week, leave it idling for 2mins then shut it off. He reckons the rich cold start is just wearing my rings out. But now I need to daily it so I've put near on 1k miles on in a month, and atm it seems pretty happy. Time will tell when I dump the oil again :( sad time for glanzas all over it seemsl

• akyakapotter changed the title to Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V