help fitting ignis recaro's

I just stripped the glanza seat so i was left with the full frame and just swaped everything over onto the igins seat even the bar that go's through the glanza seat to allow the seat to flip forword!!..you can also reuse the plastics that go on the side of the rails/seats!

There is abit off modding to do with the bottom half of the ignis seat as the bolts that hold it down are offset and dont line up with the glanza railes!!! so you will have to drill your self some new holes (make sure its line up with the brakets under the seat though as you will be sitting on the piss) then shot a bolt throught the seat and put a nut on it :) you will get what i mean when you come to do it its not hard at all to do just have to take your time that all

Pic of my ignis seats in my old glanza ;(

Picture296.jpg

Picture297.jpg

Looks good mate :) so the rails on the recaro's aren't fixed at all? If all I have to dois pretty much swap all the frame over and drill a couple of holes, surely it can't be to difficult :) did they still act like normal glanza seats after the swap? As in slide forward/recline etc? :D

Dont get me rong it was a piss take to do haha well the only thing i found was the bar that go's through the glanza seat when you come to put it in the ignis seat its abit sort as the recaro seat is abit wider so i just got the hammer out and bent the metal bit of the bottom side of the seat in over so it had enuf lengh so that it reaches the little slot on the leaver that flips the seat forword you will get what i mean if you come to do it..We are all here to help if you get stook mate :)

Lol, nice one mate :) I think I might have a practice on the passenger seat first :) hehe! If all else fails though, could I just buy some ep91 recaro rails and these would just bolt straight to the seat, no quetions asked?

Im not sure about the recaro railes never tryed so couldnt say!..also on the drivers seat you wont be able to use the windy bit on the side of the seat that lifts you up and down abit also you will find that you will sit up abit higher then the stock steats but i didnt mind it tbh if you are 7foot and weigh 18 stone then dont bother wasting your time doing it as you wont fit under the steering wheel haha

no worries mate, i found some zep low position recaro rails so they could be perfect for these seats if they fit! i might investigate.....................:)

the windy bit doesnt effect me to much either, it pisses me off anyway cuz over time the position of the seat always moves (maybe i need to lose weight) so at least it would stop this happening? :D

so long as they will slide forward and recline il be happy :)

They would sit alot better on recaro railes like the seats them self are awesome hold you alot better then the stock seat and make you feel alot more confidant when driveing!

Like i say mate if you get stook give me a shout and ill try my best to help :)

• 7 years later...

Hi guys 

Anyone else done this since? And did you do it matty? 

Any pics would be great ive got a set of impreza seats in just now but want to fit the ignis recaros. 

Cheers Jord 

Edited by wee_shep