• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone ever got the rear disks to glow? dont think there is realy any need to upgrade the rear calipers!..I remember when everyone used to put cavalier gsi front and rear brakes on corsa's and they never realy made that much diffrance infaced the rear brakes worked better then the front lol the back end used to kick out if you where on a slight bend.

Also i think the servo has a big part to play if its to small theres not point in doing the coversion!

But saying that i am talkeing about vauxhall here might be different for Toyota cars lol

Edited by micky boy

The rear brakes don't really do a lot. If I can remember correct during my MOT the front brakes had around 340kg of braking effort on each side and the rears barely had 80kg per side. As Micky says you don't want to unsettle the back end too much really.

for the amount of work to design and fabricate the calipers to be used with the stock rear disks i dont think it would be worth it as i cant see many people actualy paying what would be most likely 500+ just to have matching calipers. because i think most of is are in agreement a rear brake upgrade would be solely for looks rather than the performance

As long as drum brakes can't lock the back wheels, they are worthless. In order to get a car brake 100%, all 4 tires must be on the point of locking up the tires, on the straight.

Don't know if Glanza discs can that, but I'm sure they brake better than the drums.

Ther'll get hot but prob not hot enough to boil the brake fluid. I had a sticking rear caliper and that barely got hot enough to smell bad not like the fronts where a good period of spirited driving can make em smell lol

Edited by morgey

just adjusted my rear drums and they made a very noticable difference, ive quoted and seen many others say the rears are only 15% of the total braking....how is this worked out?

Someone could use an old disc, turn it down so it would leave no disc, just the hub. Then use whatever 4x100 disc you like and fabricate the caliper mounts for your prefered caliper.

Also, someone could cut the stab axle on the back, machine adaptors and run golf rear hubs/discs/calipers. This will also let you adjust camber and toe using shims.

For a full-race car we can probably do a 2-pot rear kit pretty easily, using this caliper:

WMS-800x600-RB0011-f.jpg

But the problem is that most cars will need an MOT, and for an MOT you need a MECHANICAL handbrake. We will be looking into this in the future though - it's on the list! :D