Sign in to follow this  
Idrees

EP82 FRP Tailgates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/02/13

I've trial fitted the first tailgate and I am impressed. Our supplier didn't drill the hole for the wiring loom to and I didn't have a drill to hand, so you can see that it did not close properly on the right sidey. It's easy to see that they fit well though, pictures below:

81D19CF8-C6BD-4581-A0C4-FC18FB89BF10-768

36DB7BE3-A2AB-4379-94C7-593DA317C889-768

223D6627-7B2D-463B-922C-887942CC85C8-768

C5D57471-5BE7-4163-BC9E-6836D703A016-768

You can see it's raised at the top here as it was fouling the wiring loom:

48F5F718-5650-4873-872B-CED12F6B3190-768

If you are part of the Group Buy you will received a PM regarding payment etc shortly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20/01/13

We have received the first tailgate, fitted pictures coming soon.

ToyotaStarletGTTurboEP82TailgateFRP_zps9

ToyotaStarletGTTurboEP82TailgateFRP1_zps

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

As mentioned before we are going to have lightweight FRP tailgates produced soon.

They will have no hole for the key or wiper, but the threads for the catch and hinges will be present.

We will run 2 group buys, for late or earlier GTs. I will require £50 deposits before production begins, the total price is £215 delivered for the tailgate. Poly carbon windows to be confirmed.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about these.

Regards
Idrees

I'll have a face lift one :)

:thumbsup:

whats delivery to ireland man? also whats the seal on these like? for rain and noise?

£20 extra to ship to Ireland. The original rubber seal will still fit around the edge of the tailgate (just like it fits the original).

interested in an 95 version, can the reflectors still be attached?

Yes, the holes for the reflectors will be drilled so you can refit them.

I may take one, how long will you be running the gb for? I need to decide weather my gt is staying or going :S

As soon as we have 5 definites (with deposits) the ball will be rolling :)

Im a defo for that Iddy! 95 version with polycarbonate window please dude!

Im in!! Ill take an early model one with poly carbonate rear screen :D

Replied. I think we have 5 for the facelift tailgates now, I'm taking the original bootlid to a bodyshop tomorrow to be fully refurbished before moulding it just so the FRP tailgates turn out mint! I'll collect deposits this week.

If we have 5 members for the pre-facelift model I can do just the same.

90-93 GT with glow

1. Shorty

2. Nest

added jake iddy just a few more now. come on lads :)

Iddy whats the price if we cant get 5 for the glow panel.boots?? I want one sooooooooooo bad!! N so does nest :(

£215 delivered mate :)

I'm going to send PMs out with payment details for the deposits on these facelift tailgates tomorrow :)

Are you syill gonna do the prefacelift boots too then?? Ill pay a deposit now on one if you are. im desperate for an frp boot but i dont want to lose the glow panel.

Bumping this back up!!! 3 more names needed for frp mk1/2 boot lids!

COME ON PEOPLE!!! £215 FOR A MASSIVE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!

So are the mk1/mk2 the same the difference being a glow badge or reflector? Thats the one thing im really not clued up on lol.

My original bootlid has the reflector if i took one would i be able to put a glow bade in at later date once i find one cheap as opposed to being ass raped

The actual tailgate is the same for Mark 1/2, the plastic reflector panel are interchangeable between mark 1/2

Mark 3 are different (Quadlight) as they don't have a recess across for the panel. I hope that makes sense?