AndyMB's White 98' Spec (Update 22/07/13)

This is my first Starlet after selling my Fiesta which was my first car. Always been into my jap imports but hadn't heard of GT Turbos and Glanzas until a mate of mine at work bought his GT. I knew I had to get one if I could insure one. Eventually, I managed to get hold of this Glanza.
It's a 1998 Glanza V with about 65,000 miles on the clock. Was imported in 2008 and is in what I would call good condition for it's age.
After I got it I took off the window tints, re-fitted the front bumper to re-align it and welded up the holes in the exhaust. Heres how it stands now http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png
Heres the Fiesta, spent so much time on this car, now it's being broken for parts...

FiestaMK4AndyMB_zps0922c0f0.jpg

And it's replacement...

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1167_zps935583df.jpg

It's pretty clean as you can see in the pictures. Very clean inside, just a bit of wear on the drivers seat. Has the original japanse stickers everywhere, and the original japanese distress flare.
It's had a few upgrades over the years, I think it has the following fitted:
- Enkei alloy wheels (not sure on exact type if anyone knows please say)
- Tein coilovers
- Front bumper cut out for intercooler
- HKS Hyper Silent exhaust
- HKS Actuator
- Standard CT9 Turbo running 0.5 bar
- Swoosh boost gauge
- Turbo timer
- Various Silicone hoses
- Front mount intercooler
- Front mount air filter
- J Performance Manifold
- Japspeed De cat
- Tegiwa civic rad

Probably other bits i've missed.
Future plans are to get everything under the bonnet tidy and clean. I want to detail the whole car and keep it all looking as good as possible. A few hoses need replacing, intercooler and piping needs polishing up. I need a new civic rad as mine has a slight leak. Also need a new manifold as mine has a small crack in it. Front bumper needs black mesh for protection.
Few missing bits I would like to get hold of:
- 98' spec top grill
- Bootlid interior trim

Hope you like http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png Look forward to learning more about these great little cars...

Edited by AndyMB

Back to work on the car this morning. Got my rear boot panel fitted and also got hold of a pair of parcel shelf clips.

I thought I'd try and stop the shelf rattling although I know it's always going to be a bit noisy. I glued my parcel shelf clips in and then stuck down so rubber matting along the edges of the rear trim...

IMG_0031_zps77f4ab7a.jpg

I then clipped in the shelf, hooked it up to the boot and now it doesn't rattle at all! Obviously if you go over a big bump then it makes a bit of a thud as it jumps up and down but it's 100 times better than that annoying rattle!

I also managed to fix my dodgy bonnet release with a quick spray of WD40. So it's been a good morning for me.

Have a good Christmas...

• 3 weeks later...

Been buying a few bits for the Glanza recently. Had a crack in my manifold so I've bought a ported standard manifold as I quite like the oem look and this should be nice and strong I hope.

IMG_0080_zps6f6c6ac2.jpg

Also got a brand new top grill from ID-Workz, was well happy with it. Got it fitted straight away, makes the front look so much better, not so open now.

IMG_0081_zps7b9a4f2f.jpg

IMG_0083_zpsadec7c03.jpg

And finally I went round my mates earlier to pick up some oil he had for me and he gave me an original Toyota cross spanner. I like the little oem details like this so i've polished that up before it goes in the boot. Bit OCD but I love things like this. Just ordered a load of gaskets and nuts from ID-Workz too so I can get the manifold on soon I hope.

IMG_0095_zpsf08f8365.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update. Bought myself,

HKS Air Filter - Genuine

5zigen exhaust system

Autoglym engine degreaser

Cleaned my engine bay...

IMG_0261edit_zpsd5f08632.jpg

Cleaned the rest...

Interior...

IMG_0275edit_zpsc56b74ca.jpg

Outside...

IMG_0268edit_zps01daac96.jpg

My favourite jap stickers...

IMG_0278edit_zpsbfdddfa5.jpg

And the random translation on my enkei's...

IMG_0274edit_zpsd2725f66.jpg

Loving Glanza ownership right now, can't wait for summer in it!

Thanks guys. Plans are new hoses, new oil cap, rad cap and new bolts throughout to make the engine bay cleaner. Then clay the outside and re refurb the red lips on the wheels. And fit my new exhaust and filter :) will keep me busy for a while!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the 5zigen fitted. Sounds brilliant, well happy with it. The old HKS one was full of holes, mid section was well rotten so that's in the bin.

Treated myself to some nice red wheel nuts too. I think the outside is pretty much done now.

Only got some low res pics, awaiting the high res ones from my cousin...

http://s514.photobucket.com/user/Colamitybenny/media/Glanza/IMG_0368_zps0cd6d981.jpg.html'>IMG_0368_zps0cd6d981.jpg

http://s514.photobucket.com/user/Colamitybenny/media/Glanza/IMG_0365edit_zpsc6167a09.jpg.html'>IMG_0365edit_zpsc6167a09.jpg

http://s514.photobucket.com/user/Colamitybenny/media/Glanza/IMG_0389edit_zpsb79943a3.jpg.html'>IMG_0389edit_zpsb79943a3.jpg

Love this shot, might get a canvas of it...

http://s514.photobucket.com/user/Colamitybenny/media/Glanza/IMG_0367edit_zps0531d4c7.jpg.html'>IMG_0367edit_zps0531d4c7.jpg