400hp 4efte build

hello hello

so im from Durban South africa, and i need some assistance with my build guys, check out my youtube video.
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF2Kj5aOplI

So far let me show you my work

4efte first start-up, 1.3 turbo

"run in" dyno setup, limited power @ 138 wbhp @ 0.4bar @ max 4200rpm

Second Stage "run in", power @ 195 wbhp @ 1.0 bar @ 6500 rpm

@ Old Dutch Racing KZN (Original Dasket dyno! G6 GTi 190whp)

Current Setup:

Gt28 Journal turbo internal Waste gated

Forged CP pistons

Forged SCAT Rods

Gas Flowed

Ported and Polished head

Rebored block

AEM Water Methanol progressive

ARP bolts

550 cc Denso

Dicktator Management

RXI Powerbrake GT brakes

Custom Exhaust

Future Mods

TMD high rpm springs

GT2871r dual Ball bearing turbo external wastegate 2.0 bar max

Athena 1.2mm MLS

fuel rail and injectors

So now i have the new valve springs and im not sure about the ability of the stock valves

I would like to do a 3 degree cut on the valves, i dont have new retainers and valve caps

Please suggest what i need to do to my head upgrade to make 300hp safely

Welcome along :)

You would need valve springs and to probably rev to 8200rpm. Stock retainers are ok unless you go for reground cams where the angle has changed.

A port and polish is a must to get 400bhp, 300bhp can be achieved on a stock head, although there would be no harm in doing a 3 angle cut on the valve seats.

I also doubt that turbo will be able to push 400bhp, around 370bhp on that turbo is the max you'll probably make before it starts heating up the air. You will have to change to the next trim size which would be the 2876, but this would become pretty unbalanced in terms of power-spool ratio.

Welcome along :)

You would need valve springs and to probably rev to 8200rpm. Stock retainers are ok unless you go for reground cams where the angle has changed.

A port and polish is a must to get 400bhp, 300bhp can be achieved on a stock head, although there would be no harm in doing a 3 angle cut on the valve seats.

I also doubt that turbo will be able to push 400bhp, around 370bhp on that turbo is the max you'll probably make before it starts heating up the air. You will have to change to the next trim size which would be the 2876, but this would become pretty unbalanced in terms of power-spool ratio.

:thumbsup: thank you sir! yes i did get tuning developments springs, mike rates them for 9000rpm, but now i'm worried about the spring caps? will the stock hold?

heating up the air is sorted by Water meth injection, that stuff cools the high boost nicely :D not sure if this link will work but this is the turbo a local guru guy suggests [b]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151357761480907&set=a.436568460906.231929.521800906&type=1&theater

You shouldnt realy need to do anythingbto them tbh. Can always talk to zisco another trader here they buil crazy hp drag sleds so they will shine more light on head specs if you need it. Im aiming at 300-350hp with oem retainers with cruise valve springs and will be uping the rpm to 8500 maybe more.

You shouldnt realy need to do anythingbto them tbh. Can always talk to zisco another trader here they buil crazy hp drag sleds so they will shine more light on head specs if you need it. Im aiming at 300-350hp with oem retainers with cruise valve springs and will be uping the rpm to 8500 maybe more.

Sounds wikid man, I spoke to mike he said if I'm going above 1.3 bar and plan to make power indeed to upgrade my cams, just a quick question, does any other Toyota use the same cams as the 4efte? Maybe I could find something locally.

Will the lifter be okay aswel?

Edited by ash.ds

Billet cams are a must for your bhp needs, and I suggest billet cams are the way forward.

According to the specs on the cams you get, then you will require valve springs that do not mind under full load while still giving you correct base pressure. We have a kit consisting of valve springs and retainers for high duration cams, in most cases there is no requirement to machine under the valve springs but in others where duration is high, you will have to, unless obviously go install a bigger valve with a longer stem. Valves are a great upgrade, but a big outlay to buy and install for marginal increase.

If you are interested to discuss your intentions, drop me a PM.

Lastly, the GT28 journal bearing turbo is not the best turbo for your application unless you have some .82AR to increase hp but then increase lag considerably.

Keith

Billet cams are a must for your bhp needs, and I suggest billet cams are the way forward.

According to the specs on the cams you get, then you will require valve springs that do not mind under full load while still giving you correct base pressure. We have a kit consisting of valve springs and retainers for high duration cams, in most cases there is no requirement to machine under the valve springs but in others where duration is high, you will have to, unless obviously go install a bigger valve with a longer stem. Valves are a great upgrade, but a big outlay to buy and install for marginal increase.

If you are interested to discuss your intentions, drop me a PM.

Lastly, the GT28 journal bearing turbo is not the best turbo for your application unless you have some .82AR to increase hp but then increase lag considerably.

Keith

Hello Keith, thanks for the reply mate :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Shorty do you still have the specs of the cruise spring's ? What strength they are ? Anything will be more than I have now

I dont im afraid dude, i know zisco ones where developed from cruise iirc. You still find cruise for sale now and then but they are crazy priced tbh. Tmd used to stock em so some one will have em on the shelf somewhere.

I dont im afraid dude, i know zisco ones where developed from cruise iirc. You still find cruise for sale now and then but they are crazy priced tbh. Tmd used to stock em so some one will have em on the shelf somewhere.

I've got them in my engine but trying to find out how tougher they are is proving a little challengeing !

Edited by Azz

I've got them in my engine but trying to find out how tougher they are is proving a little challengeing !

They'll allow you to run beyond the stock rev limit, but as your running them what else would you need to know?