Oil temp sensor

Right lads after a bit help,

I have a set of defi gauges and ive been trying always to get my oil temp to fit and having no joy! tried using a oil sandwhich plate (SARD one) and the sensort was too long:

gauge-defi-sensors-10-ot-300.jpg

as it was desined for the other type flat type sensors so i bought a generic oil sandwhich plate off ebay and that was too big and fouled the ps pump.

i have a tee off on my oil presure switch where my defi oil presure gauge is wired in and i have used a brass fitting and fitted the temp sensor there but it seems the oil there is quite cool by the time it reachs the sensor. I was out for a long drive and never went above 50'c, before anyone says broken sensor it reads fine in boiling water :) anyone got any other ideas?? or a better place to fit it??

Peter

Edited by Broony

yeah i know just dont like it that low as the sensor alone is £62 from RHD japan and it would be my luck a rock smashes the wires off lol

the only other thing i can think of is oil filter relocation and adaptor block but what a fuck on for one sensor :@

yeah i bought one off ebay because the sard one was a shallow one andthe ebay jobbie fouled the ps pump, dont know if anyone has tried other brands or suppliers??

Edited by Broony

I've got my defi oil temp sensor in that position too, just so you know you'll still have to ideally drill the power steering pump bracket as the wired end of the sensor would foul it otherwise, so I drilled through the bracket and fed the sensor through the hole.

• 5 months later...

It's M16x1.5.

I used this also for pressure and temp...i put a braded line from there to a "T" where i fitted the pressure and temp sensors.

Pressure reads fine, but temp is not getting up to temp guickly...

Maybe if you put the sensor right on the filter housing could give better results.