Jamie's SR starlet

ha ha i thought i was in danger of being mobbed by angry glanza converts so it's nice to see someone else with the same opinion! they are a lot rarer than glanza's aren't they! love what you're doing with yours Paul :)that's roughly what i want to do as they deserve better engines in them and always wanted to do it to my first car all those years ago.

I'm totally with you too mate....although a glanza rear end on an SR is ok with me ;) I can't see the point in trying to make a slow car look like something its not....going the other ways full of win but unless your 17 and really can't wait for a Glanza, leave the SR's alone!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha i thought i was in danger of being mobbed by angry glanza converts so it's nice to see someone else with the same opinion! they are a lot rarer than glanza's aren't they! love what you're doing with yours Paul :)that's roughly what i want to do as they deserve better engines in them and always wanted to do it to my first car all those years ago.

cheers mate! more to come 8)

it's only £100 cheaper for me to insure an sr over a glanza but not sure about the 17yr olds-they seem to get massively screwed over nowadays. had a mint white one as my first car years ago and loved it-£900 fully comp but will only cost me £190 now! yeh i agree however i do like a slow car looking like a slow car but going like a quick one :)I dont get why someone would buy an sr over a cd or sportif to convert, it just makes no sense to me as you end up taking all of the sr parts off it anyway.

Paul how hard is it to do an engine conversion like you've done? i did a lot of my own work on the gt4 as im pretty clued up with the mechanics but not amazing with electrics.

As far as I can see the only real advantage would be electric windows and the rev counter....and maybe the springs if they were still in one piece?

The electrics side was what put me off dumping a glanza lump in my first SR.....but many many people have done it.

hmm im wondering if a company would do the conversion for me, maybe woodsport as they are amazing at that sort of thing. was also contemplating the 2zz as i know they put one in an 82 but not sure of the cost comparison.

Wedsports could do it.

Tbh its engine

and loom, dials, stalks from a glanza

Then a little bit of wiring for fuel pump n rear electrics. And you will loose the adjustable headlights as well unless you want to rewire your indicator stalks instead of using glanza ones

Might put some feelers out to a few companies and see what i get back. i've found a very tired looking glanza near me with a few nice goodies underneeth it so might get that and then wait for a decent sr to appear. Or failing all of this i might get a glanza and convert it to an sr on the outside which would probs be a lot easier!

The anti-glanza is exactly the same idea I had, brought it up on here a while back with mixed reactions lol.....got to be the easier option then you could chuck the glanza kit onto the other car flog it to a glanza wanna be and make a bit back!

that is exactly what im thinking the more i talk about it! only problem is that itd be another ruined sr :( id rather get hold of the spoiler and speedlines separatly and then sell the glanz body parts off but will see what happens in the next few weeks. there will be haters much like me with sr conversions lol.

Just realised we've been waffling all over Jamie's build thread......sorry mate, delete all this stuff if you want dude! & pikey009 let us know how your plans progress as I've now gone in another direction!