Project fish wagon aka project slammon aka project gammon #flap

Finally sold the Lupo, so now I can finally afford to start on her, it's time to make a thread.

After months of looking for a 3 door, in rose quartz, which is also known as Salmon Pink as nobody on here has a pink n/a, I finally found the right one. Missing the power steering and goodies that the sr had, but for £500 and with 65k on the clock you can't go wrong!

m8o26e.jpg

First thing on the list was wheels. After months and months of looking for a set, a set of Wedsport tc05's came up on ebay in 14inch 4x100 fitment. Anyone knows these wheels knows they are as light as a feather.

4zxa4l.jpg

Next on the list will be tyres and wheels nuts, shortly followed by coilovers, which i'm a bit nervous about attacking as i've never done anything like that before, but it's on for summer!

Other plans in the near future include fitting SR clocks, which are on their way to me courtesy of Rob. A TTE spoiler courtesy of matt, which will be getting the salmon treatment, and the rest is a surprise!

Coilovers are handy fitted lad just take your time and remember to tighten the camber bolts to near breaking point. Also demand 0 degrees toe and the lack of power steering wont be an issue.

Go to whiteline.au and check out their starlet project, they suggest very good alignment specs.

My sister wanted a salmon with a big daisy sticker on the rear quarter panel last summer

cheers for the response lads! i'm probably gonna go for the cj performance group buy kit and then get them setup properly after fitting them as i don't ever plan on running any stupid camber! just want to slam it on the weds and leave it. and you should definitely get your sister in the salmon gang. i waited for months for one and then two popped up after i bought the thing!

Edited by Billy SR

You'd better be tracking the car this year! No point making a "track slag" and just daily-ing it!

depending how funds are, it's the plan amjad. gotta break the shaven slut in one day. i've got 8 days holiday to book off this year, and i need to book them wisely haha

Edited by Billy SR

Seeing this I somehow want to respray my Skyblue one pink. Looks great I think, but I would have to see a picture without editing and made with a good camera.

when she's sitting pretty, the canon will be out to play!

• 2 months later...

here's an update for you. she has a bald tyre and a flat tyre, im nearly maxed out into my student overdraft. currently watching some tyres on the ebay, if i win the them, the weds will be on in barry mode. and i was just driving back into southampton tonight when i hear a large scrape from the passenger side. so i'm gonna have to whack the wheel off and have a check if it's the bearing or brakes.

no selling up for me any time soon :D

Edited by Billy SR

here's an update for you. she has a bald tyre and a flat tyre, im nearly maxed out into my student overdraft. currently watching some tyres on the ebay, if i win the them, the weds will be on in barry mode. and i was just driving back into southampton tonight when i hear a large scrape from the passenger side. so i'm gonna have to whack the wheel off and have a check if it's the bearing or brakes.

no selling up for me any time soon :D

if u sold this id cut u

very boring update. got 4 part worn tyres (all of one shitty make) to go on the weds, but for 185/55/14's, you can't complain for 79 quid. brakes are getting sorted thanks to my dad's friend within the next week, but i'll make sure he goes through it with me and i tackle the job myself so i learn at the same time ;) will be running around in barry mode for a few months whilst i get myself out of this financial mess, then coilovers and some proper tyres will be ordered :)

2d7shlj.jpg

this is what you get when you pay 16 quid postage haha.

Edited by Billy SR
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update. Been home for a couple of days so i've got a couple of jobs done today. Went and got the tyres fitted today, followed by changing my brake pads and discs (just for standard replacements)

Here was my left pad :D

Photo_03_05_2013_16_31_34.jpg

Ripped the bloody rear plastics out to find that shabby bit of loom for my sr parcel shelf I had lying around. Thank god for rear speakers again!

Photo_03_05_2013_14_40_11.jpg

At the same time as fitting the pads I fitted the weds, along with some red wheel nuts, i hope 1.5 is the right size as they went a bit loose on the way home, but i think it was just a case of me not tightening them up properly. It's just a case of lowering her now, think i'm just going to for shocks and springs as i'll never have the money floating for coilovers, but a fast road set-up will do the n/a nicely. All in good time.

Photo_03_05_2013_17_26_09.jpg

Next on the list to do:

Give her a wash because I never have done.

Lows

Service

Few cosmetic things, clear lenses, cupholders, wind deflectors, etc.

Fit corolla mani I have lying around, throttle holder is a bit bent :/

Prep and spray glanza strut brace as it's a horrible lime green.

Prep and get TTE spoiler sprayed.

New backbox, thinking nur spec or something with noise, I like noise. :)

Edited by Billy SR