My widearch build :) ****UPDATE 6/3/22******

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitter man but at least you're getting it sorted and built back up better!

On the upside the wheel fitment looks perfect! I saw the tyres when I dropped down my seats, they look silly skinny LOL

yeahh man tyres are unreal haha think i'll be fitting something a bit wider than 175 lol

@ryan yeah thats the plan for now man and then decide on a lump for winter with james throwing crazy ideas at my mind all the time theres too many options lol

• 2 weeks later...

few tiny updates :) i'm come to the realisation there's no way this is being done for japfest :( but my new aims for JF2 sholud give me plenty of time to get it done properly at least i'll know its all solid then :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't like what you said about Cusco cages, I wanted to buy a bolt in cage in the future :(

Good to see progress!

It aint the cage, it's the way of mounting the cage into the car. I got wiechers alu bolt in cage, and fixed the cage on 5mm steel plates welded on top of the hollow beam and trust me its strong enough. :D

I own a p7 and i know rust sux :sad:

Nice rims :D

Funny i used a mk3 fiesta sill on my old glanza lol Keep up the good work mate!

might of been your thread i saw on tgtt which made me buy one??haha

Don't like what you said about Cusco cages, I wanted to buy a bolt in cage in the future :(

Good to see progress!

ah man seriously they bolt to the rear arch basically and the metal is so thin its scary i don't see how if you did roll the car the feet wouldnt just push through the floor to be honest

It aint the cage, it's the way of mounting the cage into the car. I got wiechers alu bolt in cage, and fixed the cage on 5mm steel plates welded on top of the hollow beam and trust me its strong enough. :D

I own a p7 and i know rust sux :sad:

Nice rims :D

cheers dude the rust is unreal but it actually feels like i'm getting somewhere now lol ones side pretty much done and dusted one to go haha

yeahh thats my thoughts exactly at least from now on i'll know its all solid as i've removed any rust/rot from the shell just gonna take a little longer than first planned but there we go at least i've found some sills that basically fit lol first thoughts were we were gonna have to make them out of sheet metal lol

• enots changed the title to My widearch build :) ****UPDATE 6/3/22******