Clock Conversion : Starlet n/a to Starlet SR cluster.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a few people getting confused about the 98 spec n/a wiring being different..

I tried this yesterday on mine and the wiring is different to the 96 spec.

But the SR clocks are a straight 'plug and play' into 98 wiring!!

I had the wires from the SR to match up and they are all exact same and everything works fine for me.

Thought I'd clear it up for a few people

• 2 months later...

Gona try lhd 1996 EL54 Paseo cluster swap to lhd 1996 EP91 Starlet. A and B connectors seems to be same as uk model, C is different. Very good info here you guys, only missing written wire colors, order is same in many case, but colors are not same. RPM signal is black/blue in Paseo wiring by the way. Does Your area Starlets have low fuel sender in tank, only thing that I'm missing now, should I try connect it also, Starlet gauge don't have bulb for that. Same age Corollas have it in tank pump hanger?

20160805_182339_zpsndvm9msg.jpg

20160805_182408_zpswvsbulj4.jpg

Sorry, finnis language pin preparation, no use for english readers :) Gona write better with computer later...

20160806_205212_zpsthxct28v.jpg

Working, what a job to solve every wire. Only door open light didn't work, have to solve it later at daylight. And drive with gps, maybe speed needle needs calibration, same scale but topspeed raised 180km/h to 200km/h.

20160808_221342_zpskillglky.jpg

Today I I tried to install paseo clocks and I failed :/ rpms doesn't work.

In my case EP91 Starlet A6 black is rpm signal and needed to swap A10 (black/blue) in EL54 Paseo cluster.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello lads, I'm after a bit of help please. I'm trying to fit a starlet cd model speedo head/clock to my solida! I was told cd model should be plug and play!! But it ain't. From what I seen when it was plugged in I had oil pressure light on constant no rev counter no eml and no full beam warning light. I have looked over the how to guide and the wiring in the guide looks different from mine. I can't seem to upload photos either but if anyone has any info in the mean time let me know thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/16/2017 at 5:28 PM, Ruddock111 said:

Looking to put white paseo dials in the 96 starlet sportif but wondering which wire do I use for tacho pulse. As previously mentioned A6 on starlet to A10 on paseo, but according to the wiring diagram (starlet), there is no A6.

hi mate did u manage to get the paseo clocks all working in your sportif?

i followed this guide and put CD clocks in to get rev gauge from sportif and all good

now i have a set of paseo clocks and wanting to change but abit confued as to the wiring. has anyone actually got paseo clocks in a sportif? thanks