Sefton-EP91’s 98 Spec Forged Glanza

So the Glanza has been and come back from the body shop, it's had the arches sorted and complete respray down both sides!

A progress shot:

2ca293874d406225261b818b84bba4fb.png627d1d2cae47517ea05bad8a3694ae4f.png

Finished result:

41a7a95c1ff0329067dc2196e19aa05e.jpg69b6e568eceac05e621af26339324234.jpg

the plan is now to get a new bonnet and get the rest of the car done in the coming months!

Also mangaged to get some other bits done on the Glanza today:

New ultra racing front strut brace fitted

TRD engine mounts fitted

New wideband sensor fitted

4 new tyres fitted and balanced

Very happy with the progress and should hopefully get some time to get the following fitted/done before japfest:

Fit Poly bush wishbones

Fit anti lift kit

Fit new rear calipers, pads, discs and bearings

Fit new polybush drop links

Fit new Aux belts

Fit spare OSF driveshaft

Brake fluid change

Tracking

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So quick update I've managed to get a lot of the above work done now:

Anti lift kit fitted

Front polybush wishbone bushes fitted

New polybush drop links fitted

Spare OSF Driveshaft fitted

Tracking done

In the coming days I will have the rest done! I sent away a pair of rear calipers to be refurbished and unfortunately they will not be back in time for japfest so I've had to source another passenger rear caliper and will have to fit that! The drivers side one is ok!

Couple of progress shots and finished photo:

c3b74b180258e479978a166c7202f75c.jpg27184b9e0cecd6867b97ff30edbb20b6.jpg00a5291cd4f5e7d84f8f93b4d8a4247e.jpg

Edited by Sefton-EP91

This car is absolutely gorgeous mate! Definite goals for mine! You coming to japfest? Would love to see it in the flesh!

Thanks for the kind words mate, yes I'll be at japfest, not on the UKSO stand though, be sure to keep your eyes peeled and you will see her! I'm on track at 16.00 aswell so you will see her then aswell lol

Looking good

I appreciate the kind words mate!

Thanks for the kind words mate, yes I'll be at japfest, not on the UKSO stand though, be sure to keep your eyes peeled and you will see her! I'm on track at 16.00 aswell so you will see her then aswell lol

I appreciate the kind words mate!

Ah nice mate I can't wait to see it what stand you on? Wish I could come out on track with you I'm desperate to go in a more powerful Glanza 😂

Ah nice mate I can't wait to see it what stand you on? Wish I could come out on track with you I'm desperate to go in a more powerful Glanza

I'm on a stand called trackwerx, I'm with a bunch of friends from around my area, few subarus and Hondas! I would love to take you in it mate but I already have a passenger possibly and it's the mrs so you can fight her for the seat lol more than happy to meet up after japfest one weekend and take you for a drive! :)

I'm on a stand called trackwerx, I'm with a bunch of friends from around my area, few subarus and Hondas! I would love to take you in it mate but I already have a passenger possibly and it's the mrs so you can fight her for the seat lol more than happy to meet up after japfest one weekend and take you for a drive! :)

I shall keep a lookout mate will have my camera so will get some snaps of the car 😊 Ah that's fine mate not a problem she can have the seat 😂😂 that would be awesome mate would love that! We will look into it! Where do you stay?

So after a long day on the Saturday before japfest I managed to get the new discs, pads and bearings on the Glanza inc. a secondhand good working passenger caliper!

Had an nightmare doing the job because the nuts that hold the spacers to the Hub, 2 had rounded off on drivers side and 2 had rounded on passenger side, i used a breaker bar but no joy they were not coming off! My and a friend had to grind through the old disc until the stud fell off allowing us to remove the spacer! Either way.. all is now good and it drives amazing!

ba70251d9d71407e034a2a1f9c16d821.jpg

So I managed to get to japfest with a few friends of mine, so below is a picture of our stand!

8738d96b9a98980fdc28f381c01d8bb3.jpg

And to top off an awesome day in managed to grab myself some track time, I was in session V at 16.00 novice. This was my first time tracking this car! I said when I built it that I'd never do it but I done it and it was awesome!

One in pit lane:

a5737c0b8c8d1d38e8e905f3c3227a6e.jpg

And a couple during:

b9f59a7b28a30755fe62bc4c3ffa201c.jpg159a8d235f08bb201bed1771fa8bed98.jpg

One issue I was having while on track is my oil temp, it was around 115 degrees at one point so I'm going to have to invest in a oil cooler with the thermostat, this will help bring down the temps! I plan on doing some track days now because I enjoyed it so much!

I have a few photos so I'll post those in the photography thread!

Roll on japfest 2!

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 3 months later...

So its been a while since I updated this, not a lot has happened to the car apart from another trip to the bodyshop.

I have been debating having the wrap removed from the roof for around 1 year now but was never entirely sure whether I should or not, after some long consideration I decided to have it done! I had the wrap removed and the roof painted the original 040 white.

The paint was in pretty bad condition underneath the wrap so it had to be painted, as you will see in the picture below.

Posted Image

Now the finished product!

Posted Image

Now she need a good wash polish and wax and she will be looking new again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/14/2015, 4:42:52, Sefton-EP91 said:

I got my new turbo fitted today, just need to do an oil change before I go to tuning developments for my mapping on the 4th July :)

What I couldn't believe is the size difference in the two turbos, the WEPR unit is a fair bit smaller! This is seen is the following picture!

CD98B619-8303-43E1-AD18-0458332C063E_zps

62A7F301-FA13-45E0-91D9-DA6628A3A555_zps

CDE839C6-F366-4104-ABDB-120B7C854D72_zps

That's it for now!

how easy/difficult are oil changes with this WEPR kit and the bigger TD td04 compressor housing? did you have nay issues fitting up the new bigger turbo? 

is your oil filter still in the stock location?

i must admit i like how tidy your engine bay looks...keep up the good work

3 hours ago, gorganl2000 said:

how easy/difficult are oil changes with this WEPR kit and the bigger TD td04 compressor housing? did you have nay issues fitting up the new bigger turbo? 

is your oil filter still in the stock location?

i must admit i like how tidy your engine bay looks...keep up the good work

Hi mate,

oil changes are extremely easy, the filter is still in stock location! I usually remove the front bumper to do oil changes and refit after as this makes it easier to get underneath! Lol 

the turbo was a straight swap and was done within a morning, another map over at tuning developments and was good to go! 

thanks for your kind words mate appreciate it! 

• 4 months later...

It’s been a long time since I updated this, to be honest not a lot has changed.

i sourced some different wheels and bought some new headlights from work!

In my opinion the headlights have changed the whole look of the car in terms of cleanliness. 

Also got some yellow speed coilovers for her and I must say they are quite possibly my Best Buy!

Couple of Photos: 

FDF3CD12-F7CF-4B60-875B-F254A72FA241_zps

8B12A7C8-180E-4894-9C2C-319F919C0CE3_zps

79FC823A-426A-446B-A9AE-BFD7F0F6663D_zps

how she stands now!

Edited by Sefton-EP91
1 hour ago, jellybaby said:

looks the tits can I ask a favour where have u mounted ya fpr as I want to relocate mine as it to cramped where it is

Thank you for the kind words appreciate it very much ! I have mine mounted on a small plate near my blow off valve! It’s out of the way but still accessible! 

21 hours ago, Socks said:

Much prefer those wheels!

Looks mega dude! Nothing wrong with getting to a spec your happy with and maintaining it!

10 hours ago, 00joeindastarb0 said:

Looks so tidy its a real credit to you

Thank you for the kind replies guys! Very much appreciated, I agree Matt I much prefer these wheels than the previous ones! Tbh I’m happy with the spec, it has plenty of power but keeps the standard look as much as possible bar a couple of bits! 

So after fitting my coilovers my tracking is majorly out and needs doing, I got it on the alignment ramp at but soon found that the steering arm locking nuts have seized solid so decided to do a steering overhaul! 

New steering arms 

New track rod ends 

New steering arm boots

So the plan is to get it back into work and get it all fitted and the alignment done properly! 

• 3 weeks later...

So I managed to get the steering overhaul complete and the tracking done, it’s safe to say it was out by a lot! 

Pic on the ramp!

087960DF-BF9C-45F1-B293-60128425244F_zps

Im not 100% happy with the alignment so I will be redoing it at some point, the adjustable top mounts are pushed all the way over which is concerning as I’m sure they shouldn’t be like this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!