Why is Timing retarded as boost increases?

Quick question, I haven't had the time to check this myself but does having the car in diagnostic mode hold the base timing of 10deg the whole way through the rpm/load range? I know it holds it at idle for ease of setting but I'm just curious..

95 Ron full time, the least amount if timing is the most amount there is a point where u will stop making power, @ Richard am not sure about that I wouldn't like to try it.

Edited by triple j

95 Ron full time, the least amount if timing is the most amount there is a point where u will stop making power, @ Richard am not sure about that I wouldn't like to try it.

That's why your getting det. i would change fuel less likely to get det an should increase torque/power :)

Using and tuning for 99+ octane is not wise.

What of you get a bad fuel batch?

Higher octane fuel burns slower less susceptible to det so don't understand your not wise point on higher octane fuel you should always use the best fuel available and you always tune with safety margin I mind for bad fuel etc

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...