Chinese eBay Forged Conrods

Just watch how many sets are gonna sell now :D

I think they would get a lot more attention if they put a bit more time into the advert and concentrate on selling the actual con rods rather than the ARP bolts! More information for the buyer wouldn't go a miss, rather than a potential buyer thinking that they are "too cheap" instead of finding out processes etc.

Lol your probably right adam, people will do some reading and sales will go through the roof! Im definetely buying some and that answers your question on the rods im getting lol

If you message them they give you all the specs so i dont see why they arwnt in the listing! Message them there swutched on...

no offense to the members that are considering using these but they are £270 for roughly another 50/60 quid you can get tried and tested hundreds of times scat rods is it really worth possibly damaging 1000's of pounds worth of engine and man hours for the sake of £50 ????

5E

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5E-FTE-FHE-FE-SCAT-FORGED-RODS-EP82-EP91-STARLET-PASEO-/320752516672?hash=item4aae56fe40

4E

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZA-TURBO-4E-4EFTE-ENGINES-SCAT-H-BEAM-CONNECTING-RODS-/121136529182?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c344cbf1e&vxp=mtr

for me its a bit of a no brainer............ just my honest opinion

I remember seeing these on ebay a long while ago and I cant help but wonder why nobody has bought them before ?

we must have the biggest collection of forged 4efte's on this forum in the uk possibly the world but between us all nobody has ever used them there must be a reason for this.

its a massive gamble guys as I know first hand how much damage a snapped rod causes and believe me the rocker cover and inlet mani was about all that was saved

just my 2p :D

Edited by russ78

Thing with that is 260bhp is not far off what standard rods run over here, let alone what is said to be run on stock lumps in Jamaica.

revs is what gets rods not just power.

and at over 260 @1bar td04 you can assume that i ran plenty of revs :)

only thing i would say to anyone buying is balance them, its simple to do and you would be mad not to do it. dont just throw the rods in the car.

and go to maxspeedingrods though they are probably the same as these ones, they will go much lower with the price.

Phil

• 2 years later...

Do seem cheap, but everyone had to start somewhere right?

The thing that gets me though is that they haven't stated if they have gone through any hardening processes or have been shot peened, which for me is essential.

Poorly layed out eBay adverts but if you go on there website it does tell you all you need to know, they do multi-stage heat treat and shot peened them.