• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So, another photo less update.......but it's a pretty significant one!

The car has been into the bodyshop and had the rear quater damage sorted.

Last weekend it walked through an mot with only light emition issues and no advisories.

Next Saturday it's in for tracking......then it's road time😉

Got stacks of pictures to upload of progress and a few big purchases including a genuine Livepsorts rear spoiler and some long awaited Cusco carbon fibre door bars......oh and did a Glanza mirror swap for a carbon skinned set!

Promise to get a decent post up in the next few weeks!

Fair one.......had some stuff on (for a year lol) not jail just realised how that sounded 😜

The panel was over a grand with paint, but as a cat D did have to be done well.....and they did do a cracking job!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok photo time..........

After being sure I was gonna keep the TTE spoiler on the rear of the car as a nod back to its SR roots a mate decided to break his amazing build and I couldn't pass up a genuine Livesports spoiler, its had a lovely job done with the paint (and I had serious considerations of running it white for a bit) but some time soon ill get it in the sprayers. Im 100% sticking without a glanza number plate surround but think the spoiler will look mint with a carbon ducktail so the hunts on for a second hand one!

DSCF3420_zps74988715.jpg

DSCF3419_zps909198cd.jpg

Picked up the RSR panhard rod in the second photo there, ideally need to get it on before the car has its tracking done (had to put that garage trip on hold after the radiator went in the mrs Impreza and that was in) Hopefully in the next week or so!

Keeping the carbon theame going...........

Wing mirrors

DSCF3411_zpsbd2062d4.jpg

Not a massive optional extra fan but already had the TRD dial surround and thought these would finish the doors off.

DSCF3401_zps8e0e2fc1.jpg

As some of you are aware, I am lucky enough to own a genuine TTE front splitter, but......... not a pair of balls big enough to risk tearing it to shreds on the shit roads we have over here so im playing about with a Leguna splitter as I think they suit an n/a front end just as well, literally held on with 4 cable ties here but some well placed screws and a bit of cutting in it'll look well

DSCF3416_zps68eb71bf.jpg

DSCF3413_zps310d3389.jpg

DSCF3417_zps24780da3.jpg

Last few for now........ not happy with the positioning of these bad boys as you kind of have to crawl out of the car as they are in these pics. All good in a #racecar situation but not so good at Tesco lol. Having a few issues with the width of my drivers seat but im going to mount them much lower, just waiting for a bracket to be machined for the passenger Bride.

Carbon Fibre Cusco door bars

DSCF3406_zps5f4c6645.jpg

DSCF3410_zps1dec217c.jpg

DSCF3404_zps7a79238d.jpg

And a pic of the bay as it stands for everyone who forgot what it looks like.....

DSCF3409_zps7537309e.jpg

Looks great! Really like how simple it all is and obviously makes some good power!

Out of interest, have you taken those filters off and seen if there is any noticeable increase? I haven't tested it personally but I've heard those smaller filters actually rob a bit of power. A pipercross filter might be a good option as a mate runs one on a 4age KP60 with quads and there wasn't any noticeable difference when on the dyno with or without the filter. Can scrape up a photo if you'd like?

^^Thats the plan mate, checked how you had them set......but only after I realised how much of a mission getting in and out is lol

You didn't have any clearence problems with your Bride seats did you?

Could be, it's a cusco cage but for an 82? That said, it would make the cage the same as yours........so it's the car lol or maybe the seat? I'll have another go at fitting them at the weekend and let you know how I get on