R35 gtr vs 325bhp glanza

lol cheers boys.

i just say it like it is.

cannot stand faggots that look at real life like a fuckin hollywood blockbuster.

Thats 2 giant slayers now, Socks, Burny.

All hail the super car destroyers.

Hater bitches......go finger your arseholes

I will get you some vids up very soon ;)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was directed to this site by a friend and have read through the posts with much interest and amusement.

The GTR in the 'race' belongs to myself. A couple of things need clearing up I think:

- The car is a 2012 550bhp model, completely standard apart from a Y pipe, which does not increase power

- Upon the driver dropping his hand down, I did not accelerate because there was a car in his lane. I let him pull out for fear of him driving into the car in front, or worse still into the side of my car. Under acceleration he was quickly reeled back in, but with many stones being spat at the front of my car I backed off completely.

- Minutes later the driver was faced with the same situation, only this time I did not yield and he pulled out and followed behind me. I'm sure he will detail what the GTR did to the starlet if you ask him.

- I don't believe there is a single situation where a 320bhp starlet would be faster than a 550bhp GTR. Power to weight is a good thing but useless when you cant put it down on the road. A GTR will put all of its power down effortlessly every time in the wet or the dry. And even if a starlet could hang onto its coat tails near to 100mph (this would have to be from 50mph because a GTR would be doing 100mph before a starlet was doing 60 from a standing start), after 100mph where power to weight counts for less as drag takes over, the GTR would quickly disappear into the distance.

- In the drivers defence though he did seem like a nice guy and it is a very fast car. I was young myself once and it is easy to get carried away with what you think your car is quicker than. You never know what the other driver is doing though, what gear hes in, whether hes actually even trying or not. He was always going to get a bit of stick though for posting a video like that with a manipulated story line.

- I'd happily show him what a GTR does to a starlet some time in the future, but definitely not on the public road. I do not condone racing of any sort on the public road.

Well said mate, at least you haven't got your head in the clouds.

I suppose if you owned a 50k supercar its easy to kind of get snobby and look at starlets at little pieces of crap. Thats totally not the case... Even if i owned a GTR id be in fear if i was up against a 300bhp+ starlet!

i was sceptical but ive just had another look and if its the 550bhp GTR i honestly think it would pull on the starlet at any roll etc i got a feeling he did ease off it seemed like he was well up your bum then just fell away between gears which makes me think he eased off. hmmm

Stock 2012 gtr nearly does qtr mile in the late 10s. Takes 500bhp+ in a starlet on a diet with slicks to break the 10s. Those gtr's are animals.

yeah but look at the launch control, and sophisticated drive system in the GTR.

and just remember what year these starlets are now. not one of them is under 13 years old anymore

chip and pin is a good 5 years newer than the latest starlets for some perspective :)

From a dig nearly nothing will hold with a gtr. A good 40-50mph roll the starlets, 300hp + that is, has got the weight advantage so stands a very good chance against one up to somewhere in the 100-130mph zone. But then the aero and displacement will come into its own.

I laugh everytime I read this thread peoples comments.

" THA GTRRR IZ BETURRR"

Yes we are aware it is better and 99% of us would rather one over our starlets they are the most developed road car in production so they should be. That is also why they cost 20x what a Starlet does.

" YE BUTT THA GTRR WILL GO FRM 0-100 MHP N THA TIEM A STARLAT GTS 2 60"

Yes we are also surprisingly aware of this hence the £30-£80K price tag. This is why people are suggesting 2nd gear runs 40mph+ rolling starts.

That said a GTR is still probably my favourite car and I would stil favour it to beat the starlet due to friends who drive motorbikes and say that GTR's are the only cars they have experienced who can get close to them. Although I dont think there would be much in it due to power to weight.

I still think a boosted VTAK civic would beat it.

Edited by StuDoc 72

yeah but look at the launch control, and sophisticated drive system in the GTR.

and just remember what year these starlets are now. not one of them is under 13 years old anymore

chip and pin is a good 5 years newer than the latest starlets for some perspective :)

Im well aware of how the car works my point is imagine what it would do to say a 350bhp Starlet on road tires on the road not a drag from a standstill. It would make the Starlet look stupid which is crazy to think because a 350bhp Starlet is mental.

I know people are saying rolling start etc yes it would make a difference but I'm unsure would it make much odds tbh

I was privileged enough to get a spin in a 530bhp gtr from a dead stop it was incredible brutal acceleration . From 60 to 150 just as impressive just effortless and relentless pull always in the sweet spot nearly like one long gear I suppose the feeling is like lol. Unfortunately I didnt have my own car with me(different country) to compare dicks which is somewhere near or maybe more than 320bhp .

What I do know is if I done a rolling start from 40mph my tires would be spinning fighting for grip also fighting torque steer etc basically fighting my own car where as the gtr is planted getting all of its 530bhp to the 4 corners no drama, then the gear changes trying keep the Starlet in the sweet bit of the power band and the time it takes to actually change gear where as the gtr is always in the sweet spot with nearly instantaneous gear changes. There is so many factors really Its hard to know until someone with a big power Starlet gets a few runs against one for us all to see. From a dead stop no Starlet thats on the street has a chance that we do know but from a rolling start of maybe 60 would be funny to see but I cant see it pulling on gtr tbh could be wrong though be a nice slice of humble pie if I am lol.

Not trying to make a scene just wanted to give a non biased/blinkered opinion of my experience with a GTR and owning a modded Starlet.

Edited by Corey

Haha, when did I say Starlets were little pieces of crap? I've already complimented you on your car.

Power to weight ratio doesnt always tell the whole story. A 458 has a better power to weight ratio than a GTR, 370+bhp per tonne. Having had an extended test drive in one recently it is not as quick as my GTR up to 100mph, or from a dig at 30,40 or 50mph. The GTR is astonishingly good at putting its power down on the road. From a standing start it is comically fast. As immensely fast as a 400bhp Starlet must be, its never going to be able to put the power down like a GTR and its chassis is never going to cope with that amount of power across your average British road.

• 4 weeks later...

Because of the above bump I got to laugh at this post some more....

For all those arguing back about the GTR being faster.... why is the Glanza only "quicker" in only one possible scenario... just because it might be quicker then doesn't give it merit. Christ, thats like saying give me a 50 yard rolling start on Usain Bolt and I'll beat him doesn't mean shit, that dude is still faster!

Everyone bangs on about power to weight, Aerodynamics come into play alot sooner than you think, 100mph easy, which sorry to say socks, isn't "silly speeds" by a long shot.