• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news it passed it's mot mate, I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of the cooling issues. Want to see this beast on the road Dan!

Haha cheers Kev! Yeah man al get to the bottom of it, it was running a bit hot before the alternator belt snapped. Got a new belt through today from Idworkz.

Nice one on the mot Dan, exhaust looks even tighter than expected, remember having a look underneath Shorty's old 5dr and wondering how could it be done, good job there.

Wheels look a lot better than last time I seen them, very similar look to the Toms c3r.

" all because of this fuckin Starlet"

Lol always the way, they own you not the other way round, the gt is starting to control my life again ha.

Thanks James, yeah its as tight as it gets really, havent actually been able to get it to knock yet. Aye theyve came up quite well havent they :) Lol tell me about it man, had to tell the person buying my celica i cant sell it yet, and had to tell the owner of the GS300 i cant buy it yet fuck sake!

Thats good you got it an mot! Hopefully ill see it out on the road soon. :-)

Yeah defo Dale, im aiming for a Crail run on the 26th of April.

• 2 weeks later...

20150412_121309_zpshftjfa4q.jpg

So ive been driving around daily in this little piece of shit for about a fortnight now, theres a few issues that have came to light with a bit of use, main one being its popped both outer CV boots again which is annoying because its sprayed grease all over my newly powder coated wheels haha. Ive bought a pair of poly boots so will hopefully get them fitted soon :)

Other annoying things,

Front crank seal weeping

Minor PAS fluid leak at the pump, just the washer

OSF wheel scrubs like a cunt, think the shockie is fucked

Rear ride height is so high its funny

Then theres the good bits :)

It sounds the fuckin nuts

Short ratio box is mega for acceleration

3 puk is superb for launches

VF12 is lagatron which is good, nothing happens till 3.5k rpm haha

So all in all pretty chuffed with the 85, few handling mods and a brake upgrade and it will be even better.

I also picked up a GS300 which will be getting used as a daily in a few months, and yes i know the exhausts are err not small.

20150407_182137_zpsrfs07sz0.jpg

20150407_182114_zpsfhq4n3y2.jpg

Only gonna be using it to drop off chico and do the odd drive by

Glad to hear thats her on the road mate.

Cheers dude, we'll need to get a catch up in the summer or something.

Good to see dan exhaust looks mint alot better fitting than mine I need to get the grinder and welder out desperatley

Thanks, im really pleased with the exhaust, i did pay quite a bit to get it done so i expected it to be good haha. Ahh do you, wish i could weld!

I think im gonna have problems with exhaust clearance when it gets lowered at the back, its got 40mm springs on the back and its still high as fuuuuuck!

Might give Meister a PM soon :)

Ye defo buddy. You need to take me out in it! Bet the grip is unreal!

The grip is not bad, it launches quite well, i cant go round corners that quick due to the shitey suspension.

Was thinking of taking a trip to Crail on the 26th of this month, get a few runs down the strip haha.

Definitely get it to Crail mate, I would come just to see this bad lad haha

Sound! Haha sorted, al be up for defo on the 26th, al see if i can blow it up :p

Im still only running 0.6bar though, am too scared to wack it up... :/

Am up for a blast at crail! Have a wee 4paw showdown haha

Yeaaaaaahhhh!! Its a Vauxhall day that day, see if we can show those gimps whats what :p

Say to your mate with the recovery truck to keep that sunday free just incase !! Hahaha

I like it with the white doors, reminds me of enzo's Swat EP95!

Certainly got the drag stance at the moment too!

Haha everyone says that, even Geo said that! I'll leave it as it is for now and hopefully get it wrapped at some point.

Cant stress enough how fuckin rough the body work is! Lol.

• 2 weeks later...